Author Topic: Who is this Benzibab anyways?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
Who is this Benzibab anyways?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 01:17:29 AM »
No, I didn't think they were real, I was joking!

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2006, 12:48:19 PM »
Here is the Wikipedia entry for Jamuqa (the Helmet of Genghis Kahn):

Jamuqa was a Mongol military and political leader and the chief rival to Tem?jin, the first Mongol emperor to be renamed Genghis Khan, in the unification of the Mongol tribes. Born in the Jadirat, a sub-tribe of the Kerait, Jamuqa was a childhood friend and a blood brother to Tem?jin.

When Borte, wife of Temujin, was abducted by the Merkit tribe, Wang Khan, Jamuqa and Tem?jin combined forces against the Merkits to recover her.

In 1201, a khuriltai elected Jamuqa as Gur Khan, universal ruler, a title used by the rulers of the Kara-Khitan Khanate. Jamuqa's assumption of this title was the final breach with Tem?jin and Jamuqa, leading Tem?jin to form a coalition of tribes to oppose him.

Jamuqa was less successful in coalition-building because, unlike Tem?jin, he maintained traditional divisions between tribes in his forces and assigned commands by hereditary rank rather than merit. In particular, Jamuqa did not recruit shepherds who lacked tribal status in the Mongol tradition. This allowed Tem?jin to recover from a series of military defeats inflicted by Jamuqa and to emerge victorious. It was also believed that Jamuqa was a harsh and unforgiving man, and that he inherited his leadership by murdering his family.

Jamuqa was eventually betrayed to Tem?jin by his followers in 1206. Tem?jin executed Jamuqa's betrayers on the principle that betrayal merits the harshest punishment. The Secret History of the Mongols states that Tem?jin offered renewal of their brotherhood, but Jamuqa insisted that just as there was room for only one sun in the sky, there was room only for one Mongol lord. So he asked to be executed by a noble death without spilling blood, so his back was broken.

Offline Cornholio

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 12:09:32 PM »
My AP world teacher told my class that Ghengis Khan was bisexual and that Jamuqa was his gay lover

I always laugh when I watch that episode

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2006, 01:36:14 PM »
Speaking of Benzibab,... WHEN WILL I SEE THAT EPISODE??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!: !!!!??????? :?: I CAN'T WAIT :!: ! Can anyone please upload it?  :?: ?

Offline kamehemeha

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 02:22:48 AM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Quote from: ""The Purple Parrot""
Was there anyone that seriously thought that those were real people?....like... seriously?
Kamehameha up there seems to be missing a few screws or just horrendously unable to make judgment for himself.

"None of the Sforza articles were in English!  ZOMG!"  Dude, Freetranslations.com exists for a reason.  AltaVista, IIRC, also translates foreign web pages.

This is it, Renegade.  Enemies forever!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:05:02 PM »
That comment that RP made is over a month old.... :roll: Do you have nothing better to do? :?

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 12:34:10 PM »
Quote from: ""kamehemeha""
This is it, Renegade.  Enemies forever!

Ouch, I'm sure RP is stinging from this...especially a month later.   :roll:

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 04:34:51 PM »
Topic was good -> topic drifts off into questionable territory -> topic settles down -> topic is revived with no purpose -> topic continues down the path of questionable territory -> topic becomes locked.

If anybody has a good enough reason to keep it open, I'll gladly listen to it over PM. :|