Author Topic: Fastest Assembling of the Silver Monkey  (Read 1380 times)

Offline GameGuy

• New Player
    • View Profile
Fastest Assembling of the Silver Monkey
« on: September 02, 2006, 09:16:34 AM »
A lot of contestants had trouble assembling the monkey in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, but there were a few contestants that completed it very quickly. I was wondering which contestant finsihed putting the statue together the quickest. After watching the temple run for the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanupec, I noticed Gator completed it in about nineteen seconds, which includes the time it took handing a pendant to the temple guard that caught him there. Does anyone know if there's another contestant who completed the objective faster?

Offline The Green Monkey

• Blue Barracuda
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »
Jarrid in the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain got it done in about 16 seconds, but he didn't run into a Temple Guard there.

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 09:48:42 AM »
Hmm... i should really start thinking about this/look into it. :wink:

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 10:30:15 AM »
no one noticed this but one of the best stratagys for assembling the monkey was in get this the tressure of anne bonney. ron puts the base on and then grabs the middle and the head. puts the middle on with one hand and the head on with the other

Offline GameGuy

• New Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 11:25:58 AM »
I always thought it was best to get the base and the middle, put those two together, then get the head and finish the monkey. The strategy that Ron used does sound better though.

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 01:03:11 PM »
I know he definately wasn't the fastest, but I think Keith from The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbien deservees some recognition for jumping across the room and getting all three pieces at once.

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 02:05:54 PM »
Quote from: ""Carveyfan""
I know he definately wasn't the fastest, but I think Keith from The Missing Portrait of Hans Holbien deservees some recognition for jumping across the room and getting all three pieces at once.

that is the worst stratagy you could have to put together the monkey

think about it the upside down compass of henry hudson. you have to drop all the pieces and bend down and pick them up just so you can put the base on

Offline The 49th Ronin

• Orange Iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 05:11:30 PM »
I think bending down to get the pieces is faster than having to go back-and-forth across the room and getting the pieces individually.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 05:13:44 PM »
I would just jam the head down without putting the other pieces there. :mrgreen:

Offline Olmec

• Ronin
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/vipersnest120/
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 05:16:00 PM »
Brandon did it pretty well in the Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief. I just taped it, I'll go back & time it.

He started with 29 seconds left & he jammed the head with 17 seconds left. 12 seconds, very impressive!!!!!

Offline The Purple Parrot

• Green Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 06:45:35 PM »
Quote from: ""Olmec""
Brandon did it pretty well in the Bone Necklace of the Blackfeet Chief. I just taped it, I'll go back & time it.

He started with 29 seconds left & he jammed the head with 17 seconds left. 12 seconds, very impressive!!!!!

WOOT! Purple Parrots represent!

Useless Purple Parrots trivia:
The silver monkey was only assembled by 5 Purple Parrots (Akela, Brandon, Chandra, David, & Tarrah). 2 of the 3 Purple Parrot victory artifacts were in the Shrine so they didn't have to assemble the monkey. The boy in the Upside-Down Compass episode famously dropped the monkey piece into the Dark Forest. The other temple-entering Purple Parrots never got to the Shrine. :P

Offline ElJarhead

• Purple Parrot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 12:36:56 AM »
Hey everyone ... I'm new to this, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who still watches Legends constantly.

It always seemed to me that the best way to assemble the monkey, at least in terms of putting it together properly, would be to put the base on, and then put the head through the middle before putting it on the base. (Larry from The Mysterious Manuscript of Mary Shelley would have had a much easier time with it.)