Author Topic: LOTHT as a flash cartoon?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline AdvanceStratagist

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
LOTHT as a flash cartoon?
« on: January 14, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
I had this idea a while back, and I think i showed it to nicklegends in an email, but I dunno if he ever got it.

Maybe someone here could make flash cartoons that depict the episodes as if it was an actual drama (or comedy, or whatever makes it work better) instead of a game show.  An example for a scene could be if a player had run out of time in the quicksand bog, you could depict the player (or players if you have them together) as going to the room, and end up sinking into quicksand.  Maybe even at some point of the episode (probably right before whatever would represent the steps of knowledge) a clip could be shown about the myth, and how it ended up in the temple.  It could be done for either just the temple runs, or the entire episode, if a good way was figured out.  If that sounded confusing to you, ask me about it, and I'll try to see if I can explain it better.  It makes sense in my head anyways.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 04:28:27 PM »
Intresting, even thou I don't perfectly get it.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 04:34:33 PM »
yeah i expected that it might not make sense right away.  Feel free to ask me what parts you don't understand, I'll try to explain it.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:10:15 PM »
Or you could have just, you know, sorted your thoughts before making a thread instead of just blurting stuff out.

Offline tss1011

• Silver Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 07:34:30 PM »
Oh brother...

I'm tired of these threads where people basically say, "Hey, this is a cool idea!  Why doesn't someone here do it?"  Especially ideas that I can't make sense out of.

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 12:34:06 PM »
Quote from: ""Renegade Pancake""
Or you could have just, you know, sorted your thoughts before making a thread instead of just blurting stuff out.

Actually, that was more or less the sorted version.  Organization is not a strong point of mine.  Any teacher that ever had me can verify that one.   :D   So like i said, tell me what part didn't make sense, and I'll try to elaborate better on it, because I'd rather not try to guess at what you didn't understand and end up not helping out at all.

Offline nicklegends

• Temple Spirit
  • King
    • View Profile
    • The King's Storeroom
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 05:05:58 PM »
Surely you've all seen flash movies? He's just suggesting that one could use Flash to depict an episode, but using it to portray some events that couldn't actually happen on the show--I suppose you could look at the idea as an imaginative take on Legends.

• Red Jaguar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:21 PM »
ok i refuse to let this die, but since I seem to be very bad at explaining things, I'm going ahead an trying to write the script for how it would work out with the Galileo's Cannonball episode, and see how well it works from there.

Offline The Mandarin Hand

• Green Monkey
  • Benzibab.
    • View Profile
    • Truncated Power Rangers
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 03:51:15 PM »
Quote from: ""AdvanceStratagist""
ok i refuse to let this die

We call that "unnecessary bumping" of threads.

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 10:32:46 AM »
I think I'm grasping the idea now.  Like say, in the Temple Games in The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen and in the boys' Temple Game I think put in all this dramatic dialog:

Zac: The Temple's just past these caves then, I guess.
Russell: And Jackie and me're gonna get there first, take that map and grab all of Jesse James' treasure to.  Give up pipsqueak, you and Miriam don't stand a chance!
Zac: We'll see.

And the Temple Run in the same episode, just as Miriam unlocks the door from the Jester's Court to the Dark Forest:

Miriam: EEEEEEEK!! I can't see! Are those bats? I hate bats! What do I do? Where I go now? (Looks out open door to see a moonlit forest) Not over there, that's back outside again!
Zac: (Shouting from down a long tunnel) You gotta go on! Go into the forest! I think you can climb right up the trees to get the map! GO!

And if I don't got it right AdvanceStratagist, feel free to tell me.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Olmac Fan

• New Player
    • View Profile
Re: LOTHT as a flash cartoon?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 07:45:31 PM »
Quote from: ""AdvanceStratagist""
I had this idea a while back, and I think i showed it to nicklegends in an email, but I dunno if he ever got it.

Maybe someone here could make flash cartoons that depict the episodes as if it was an actual drama (or comedy, or whatever makes it work better) instead of a game show.  An example for a scene could be if a player had run out of time in the quicksand bog, you could depict the player (or players if you have them together) as going to the room, and end up sinking into quicksand.  Maybe even at some point of the episode (probably right before whatever would represent the steps of knowledge) a clip could be shown about the myth, and how it ended up in the temple.  It could be done for either just the temple runs, or the entire episode, if a good way was figured out.  If that sounded confusing to you, ask me about it, and I'll try to see if I can explain it better.  It makes sense in my head anyways.

or have the Temple Guards be canabils...lol