Author Topic: The NFL Football topic  (Read 52700 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Re: The NFL Football topic
« Reply #1110 on: October 19, 2014, 04:19:09 PM »
Rams beat the Seahawks! :o
JAGS WON A GAME! :shock:

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 19, 2014, 04:31:20 PM »
I'm now starting to lose faith in the Seahawks. :roll:

Can't believe the Browns lost to the Jags. I was expecting them to win these next three weeks, but if they can't beat the Jags, then I'll have a hard time trusting them to beat their next two opponents.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1112 on: October 19, 2014, 04:43:02 PM »
The mighty has fallen. The Seahawks looked lost against their rival Rams. With a matchup with Carolina next week on the road, they might be in big trouble.  :?

The Browns looked back to where they were. How do you lose that bad to Jackassville? :roll:

Also, a big Fuck You to the Lions, I was so hoping that the Packers would be alone atop the NFC North, and the Saints gifted them a win after being down 13 with 4:00 to go. I hope the Lions fall apart and stop getting lucky.  :x

However, I don't mind the Bills, thank god they came back against the Vikings. 

And the Falcons and Bengals have fallen apart.  :lol:

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 19, 2014, 09:09:07 PM »
Thank god is right. Definitely would not have been a good loss to take. But now they're 4-3 with the Jets (twice), Chiefs, Dolphins, and Browns coming up. Gotta win at least 4 of those, I'd say.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1114 on: October 19, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »
Peyton Manning has just broken the record for Most Touchdowns in NFL history at 509, passing Brett Favre.  :mrorange:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 19, 2014, 11:49:02 PM »
I am so glad to see Manning beat the touchdown record. And what a better way to do it and in prime time against a solid team! He is one of the few players I can never hate no matter what team he is on. :mrorange:

Interesting Sunday though, and A LOT of matchups I didn't expect to go the other way.

My biggest surprise is the Seahawks losing to the Rams. I could see them losing to the Cardinals or 49ers in their division. But the Rams? At 3-3 and a tough schedule, they might be suffering from a SB hangover like my Ravens did last year. :o

I didn't expect the Chiefs to win either. I guess that bye week helped them. Then again, the Chargers barely scraped by the Raiders last week. This is a hard team to figure out. :?

And LMAO at the Bengals getting shut out by the Colts. Indy does not even have a top 10 defense, but they looked like crap against them. I am no longer taking them seriously. :roll:

And look at how bad the NFC South is? The division leader is 3-3-1. :o Imagine if the Panthers actually lost last week They would've been leading the division at 3-4. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 19, 2014, 11:55:08 PM »
And once again people start taking the Browns seriously and then they turn around and lose pretty bad to Jacksonville. I know the Jags weren't going to be winless this season, but if want people to take you seriously you need to beat all the bad teams. :roll:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 21, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »
Its almost time for Week 8, so time to make predictions. ;)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23
San Diego Chargers @ Denver Broncos (I thought this would be a great game at first, but it looks like the Broncos will blow out the Chargers now. I think Broncos win easily)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26
Detroit Lions @ Atlanta Falcons (London game will be on 9:30 in the morning on the east coast. This should be an easy win for the Lions)
Seattle Seahawks @ Carolina Panthers (Two playoff teams that have been disappointing. The Seahawks suck on the road, so i think Carolina bounces back with a win)
Minnesota Vikings @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Both teams are awful, but I think the Bucs win after having a bye week)
Baltimore Ravens @ Cincinnati Bengals (Homer pick, and the Bengals have been disappointing the past few weeks)
Miami Dolphins @ Jacksonville Jaguars (This should be an easy victory for the Dolphins, unless the Jaguars troll them again...)
Chicago Bears @ New England Patriots (Should be an easy win for the Pats even though I think both teams are overrated)
Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets (I guess it could go either way, but I think the Bills have more going for them)
Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals (I think the Cardinals are a little overrated with Palmer as their QB. The Eagles are more talented IMO)
Oakland Raiders @ Cleveland Browns (Could the Browns lose to another winless team? I don't think so, because the Raiders are a special kind of bad)
Indianapolis Colts @ Pittsburgh Steelers (Upset pick! The Colts are good, but I still find them overrated. Steelers are a pretty good home team)
Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints (Saints are a shell of their former self)

MONDAY, OCTOBER 27
Washington Redskins @ Dallas Cowboys (Should be an easy win for Dallas)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 23, 2014, 12:28:51 PM »
Thursday October 23, 2014

San Diego Chargers at Denver Broncos (it's at Denver, so it should be a win for the Broncos)

Sunday October 26, 2014

Detroit Lions vs Atlanta Falcons (London game; the Falcons still haven't found themselves and I trust the Lions more in this game)
Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (the Bengals are collapsing and the Ravens are good again)
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans (the Titans suck)
St. Louis Rams at Kansas City Chiefs (KC is on a roll)
Chicago Bears at New England Patriots (the Bears are a mess)
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets (the Jets are a mess too)
Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (who cares? I think the Vikings are slightly better)
Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers (if Seattle doesn't win this, I think they'll miss the playoffs, so it's desperation time for them)
Miami Dolphins at Jacksonville Jaguars (I was tempted to pick the Jags, but the Dolphins are better)
Philadelphia Eagles at Arizona Cardinals (should be a good one, but I think the Cardinals edge out the Eagles in this one)
Oakland Raiders at Cleveland Browns (a must win game for the Browns and if they give another winless team a win, it'll be a long year for them)
Indianapolis Colts at Pittsburgh Steelers (I still have no trust in my team even after winning Monday night)
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints (sorry GM1, but this is a must win game for the Saints and it's in New Orleans. They should win this one)

Monday October 27, 2014

Washington LOLskins at Dallas Cowboys (7-1 Cowboys? Sure, why not? They're good and the Redskins aren't)

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1119 on: October 23, 2014, 05:13:41 PM »
Week 8 Picks! (Post 4800)

Eagles vs Cardinals (Love this matchup, should've been SNF)

Chargers vs Broncos (Broncos will stay hot)

Ravens vs Bengals (I have lost trust in the Bengals)

Colts vs Steelers (Colts have looked really good)

Redskins vs Cowboys (How bout em Cowboys, #1 team right now)

Bears vs Patriots (Da Bears are really fucked)

Packers vs Saints (Homer pick, Saints have really disappointed me)

Seahawks vs Panthers (Two teams that have high expectations but fucking up now, Seattle can't lose 3 straight at all, or their title was a fluke, like the 02 Bucs)

Lions vs Falcons (In London, don't forget to wake up early to see how many times Matt Ryan is sacked)

Rams vs Chiefs (I-70 matchup, Both teams beating contenders, but the Chiefs are better)

Bills vs Jets (Upset special, the Jets almost beat the Patriots, so they should beat the Bills coming off a long week and home)

Texans vs Titans (Both teams not performing well, but Houston should win here because the Titans are starting yet another QB, and lost to the Redskins)

Dolphins vs Jaguars (Dolphins should win, but the Jags could make this a trap like last week)

Raiders vs Browns (Browns better not lose to the Raiders after losing to the Jags)

Vikings vs Buccaneers (Toilet bowl)

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:14:56 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:30 PM »
There is no way that the Broncos aren't favorites for AFC Champions. That team is just stacked and Peyton Manning is ridiculous. I honestly can't see them losing another game unless they are playing for nothing. I am so glad the Ravens don't have to face them in the regular season.

I forgot to pick the Rams/Chiefs game AKA the Missouri Cup Battle. I chose the Chiefs because they are a strong home team and a much better team in general than the Rams.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #1121 on: October 25, 2014, 06:14:55 PM »
I came up with a new division format for 4 new teams in the NFL. This will allow London, LA, Toronto, and San Antonio to shut up so that they can have their own team. This would be my new division format.

2 Conferences
3 Divisions per conference
6 teams per division

AFC East: 
New England Patriots
New York Jets
Miami Dolphins
Buffalo Bills
Baltimore Ravens
Jacksonville Jaguars

NFC East: 
Philadelphia Eagles
New York Giants
Washington Redskins
Carolina Panthers
Atlanta Falcons
London Expansion Team

AFC Central:
Cincinnati Bengals
Pittsburgh Steelers
Cleveland Browns
Indianapolis Colts
Tennessee Titans
Toronto Expansion Team

NFC Central:
Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears
Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings
New Orleans Saints
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

AFC West:
Denver Broncos
Kansas City Chiefs
San Diego Chargers
Oakland Raiders
Houston Texans
San Antonio Expansion Team

NFC West:
Seattle Seahawks
San Francisco 49ers
Arizona Cardinals
St. Louis Rams
Dallas Cowboys
Los Angeles Expansion Team

Opinions?

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 25, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
Baltimore and Toronto should be flip-flopped, IMO.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »
Yeah, I would definitely keep Baltimore in the Central since it is closer to those teams AND has good rivalries with most. And Toronto makes more sense in the East too because it is closer to the New York teams and New England.

Also, I would keep Dallas in the NFC East even though it doesn't make sense geographically. Mostly because of their rich history with most of the division. That is why they are there right now at least. ;)

Other than that, it looks spot on. Although I would think that Goodell would relocate teams with attendance troubles like the Jaguars, Raiders, Rams, and Chargers before creating new teams. But I think those cities would be interesting sites though. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 26, 2014, 11:02:44 AM »
It's so nice having football on 9:30 in the morning. Right now the Lions are down 21-0 though at half-time. And you wonder why no one takes Detroit seriously year in and out.