Poll

Will Joel have beaten Shaka Zulu's record if he didn't make the mistakes in his run?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Would Joel have beaten Shaka Zulu's record if he didn't pull a Ron in his run?  (Read 765 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
We all know that the fastest win on the show was Shaka Zulu, which holds the record at 1:14. In this run though, a product error most likely happened that allowed Bobby to score the fastest win. Could have another team have beaten this record? Rewatching the Enormous Iron Nose Ring run, I forgot how Joel was making amazing time in the temple. He was one room away from the Nose Ring with 2:07 on the clock. Unfortunately, his two biggest flaws were taking a long time assembling the Silver Monkey and pulling a Ron/Tara and taking the central shaft out of the temple.

If neither of these mistakes were made, do you think Joel would've beaten Shaka Zulu's time? I definitely think it would've happened if neither of these mistakes happened. Even after pulling a Ron, Joel was still very fast exiting and finished with :56 seconds on the clock. If he stayed on the upper route, he would've won with 1:20 left on the clock. And I would've liked the Nose Ring win MUCH better than Shaka Zulu's win.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, Joel definitely would've beaten Shaka Zulu's time if he didn't have poor exit plans. I mean, Joel had a good 1:35 or so left on the clock when he grabbed the ring. If he had just kept moving forward, he probably would've won with about 1:20 to spare. And you're also right that I would've been MUCH more impressed with this run than with Shaka Zulu. I mean, Bobby just wasn't that fast at all.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Also, if Joel spent around 10 seconds left in the Shrine and took the top floor out of the temple, then he would've finished with 1:30 on the clock. He would've literally used half of his temple run time to win. :lol: Too bad, because I would've taken this win any day over Shaka Zulu. Same thing with Yakerra and Roland. I like the Roland win much better than Shaka Zulu too and would've rather see that win with the fastest win record.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, Shaka Zulu just doesn't feel like a legit fast win. Because Bobby totally lucked into it with the production error. I realize it wasn't his fault it happened, but still. Roland feels quicker by a longshot. And yeah, Joel probably would've escaped with 1:30 left on the clock if he didn't waste time in the Shrine. It would make the Benzibab team look like the Pytheas team in comparison. Imagine that. :lol:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
And speaking of Enormous Iron Nose Ring, it never actually bothered me when people praised this win. When wins like Ahmed Baba or Butch Cassidy are praised, it usually gets to me because the contestants in these episodes weren't anything special. But if people praise Nose Ring and Joel, it doesn't bother too much. Hell, I really don't have a problem with this win at all either. It is only when people get off on this win too much is when it sort of bothers me. But other than that, I don't mind this win at all. And unlike Shane and Paula, I can admit that Joel was a good contestant and would've owned any layout on the show.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yes thank you! It always irks me when people overpraise the likes of Paula and Shane. I was never bothered with the fanfare Joel got either. Since like you said, Joel was legitimately a good player, despite his mistakes. But Paula and Shane were nothing special whatsoever. All Paula had to do with press some actuators, bust through a wall, ride elevator, grab artifact, and run. Simple as that. And Shane's temple guard placement was just begging for a win. I swear, the more and more people praise those two, like people have done in the past, the more and more I hate it. :roll: And then they try to bring down other players like Tarrah and Tony from Billy the Kid over ONE mistake they made in their respective runs. But yeah, I always liked Joel's run. He would've owned any other layout, like you said above.

Offline JCW555

• Blue Barracuda
  • Watched all 120 episodes, been a fan since 2001.
    • View Profile
I think he would've beaten Shaka Zulu record as well, due to reasons that PPF and TRJ said.
Favorite season of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Season 2, Followed By Season 3, Then Season 1

Favorite episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple: Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor, Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugkpak [Apanukpak], John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine, Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain, Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe [the Ox], Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress, Applewood Amulet of Emiliano Zapata, Much Heralded Helmet of Sir Gawain, Jeweled Scabbard of Sforza, Lion Headed Bracelet of Chandragupta, Secret Map of the Bandit Queen, Galileo's Cannonball, Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, Metal Beard of the Egyptian Queen, Snakeskin Boots of Billy the Kid, Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus, Ruby Earring of Benzibab, Milk Bucket of Freydis, Lucky Medallion of Atocha, Collar of Davy Crockett.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Yeah, if only Joel didn't have bad exit plans. Then we would've had a more legitimate quickest run ever.