Author Topic: Wild Jungle EP: The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa  (Read 827 times)

Offline The Bamboo Forest

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
Wild Jungle EP: The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa
« on: August 28, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
To find more Wild Jungle episodes, click THIS LINK to go to the Official Episode Guide thread!

The camera makes its way through lush greenery, and the palms move away as ambient animal noises are heard. Portions of a temple are shown, and suddenly the jungle ends, and we see Olmec?s face light up and shout, ?LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!?

The show?s title card?a pendant of life?crashes together on the screen, and the camera shifts to focus on the temple and its rooms. ?With your guide, Kirk Fogg! And here he is now!?

The pendant splinters and Kirk is seen crawling out of the Jungle Crevice to run right into the center of the stage and up the Steps of Knowledge as he begins his narration.

?Thank you, thank you!? says Kirk. ?It's nice to see you! Thank you, Olmec. Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple. The rooms are filled with lost treasures that are protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legend behind each of the treasures in his temple. Which one are we going to hear about today??

Olmec replies, ?The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa!?

?Ooh, the Missing Maps of Juan de la Cosa!? comments Kirk. ?Well, the legend is set and one of these six teams will have the chance to retrieve the Missing Map?will it be the Red Jaguars??

At this point, the camera focuses on each team as they are introduced.

?The Blue Barracudas??
?The Green Monkeys??
?The Orange Iguanas??
?The Purple Parrots??
?Or the Silver Snakes??

?They?re gonna have to pass some tough mental and physical tests,? continues Kirk, ?and in the end, only one team will have the right to enter Olmec?s temple, but first they have to cross the moat, and Olmec?s gonna tell us how they have to do it today.?

Olmec instructs:
?Before you, an ancient rope hangs into the Moat. When Kirk gives the signal, jump into the water, swim out to the rope, and bring it back to shore. Then the first player will grab the rope and swing across. When you reach the other side, throw the rope back to your partner?who will then swing across. When both partners reach the other side, run over and hit the gong!?

Kirk hits the Silver Snakes? gong to demonstrate, which?in turn?lights up a bright silver.

?The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round,? finishes Olmec. ?Alrighty then,? says Kirk, ?Teams! Are you ready?!?

The teams excitedly reply, ?Yeeaahhhh!?

Kirk then asks, ?Olmec, are you ready??

?I?m a rollin? stone,? replies Olmec.

?Okay-hay!? laughs Kirk. ?Teams! On your marks, get set?GO!?

All six boys take a running jump and grab their respective ropes, all bringing it back safely. The Blue Barracudas lag behind a little, but not too much?which is enough for the other five teams to start swinging while Blue climbs out of the mist. ?Alright, let?s see if they can get a good?OH, Orange has to go back?Green has to go back?? The Purple Parrots also drag their feet into the water, slowing them down a good deal. Meanwhile, the Red Jaguars and the Silver Snakes begin throwing their ropes back?but the Red Jaguars use too much strength and the rope bounces back.

At this point, the other teams begin to catch up, but the Silver Snakes are the first team?gonging in with a great deal of excitement. ?Alright,? commentates Kirk, ?we need three more?Red Jaguars in! Green Monkeys in!? Both of the teams hit their gongs at about the same time. ?We?re looking for one more team?? says Kirk. ?It?s the Blue? No, Orange Iguanas! We have our four teams!?

Kirk walks over to the Silver Snakes. ?Alright, going on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Silver Snakes?and the Orange Iguanas?and the Green Monkeys?and the Red Jaguars.? The audience cheers loudly for the teams moving on, while Kirk continues, ?The Blue Barracudas and the Purple Parrots gave it a great effort; they?re not going away empty handed?we?ve got a great gift for them, and here?s what it is??

Dee reads the prize:
?It?s an Eastpak Backpack! It doesn?t matter where you take it, because it?ll be ready for you. Eastpak Backpacks, America?s best-known backpack!

Favorite Season: Season Two
Favorite Episode: The Lucky Pillow of Annie Taylor
Favorite Team: Orange Iguanas
Favorite Room: The Bamboo Forest

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends.
Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga: The Epitomes of Musical Fart

Fanfiction Projects (On hold): Legends: Wild Jungle

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 07:28:41 PM »
The screen transitions to a shot of the four teams atop the Steps of Knowledge. ?As the quest continues,? says Kirk, ?it?s now time for Olmec to tell us about The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa. But teams?pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec?s temple.?

Olmec narrates the legend:
?One of the few people who got to discover America was Juan de la Cosa. Of Spanish descent; Juan worked closely with the explorer Christopher Columbus. He sailed to the New World with him and was cartographer, carefully making maps of the land they surveyed. Legend has it, Christopher Columbus had a dispute with Juan about the information on his map.

??Hola, Juan![/i]? said Christopher Columbus as he walked into Juan?s cabin, where he was painting a map. Christopher looked over Juan?s shoulder?which got him annoyed?and in response Juan knocked his shoulder back to nudge Christopher away. In the process, he spilled ink all over his nearly-flawless map.

??Aww, no!? yelled Juan. ?Now I have to start all over! I need new supplies. Vamonos, vamonos!?

?The mapmaker finished painting a map. Christopher was impressed, but Juan threw the first overboard. Years later, it floated ashore and ended up in the temple! Your quest is to find the Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa and bring it back here.?

?Thank you Olmec,? says Kirk after a short pause, ?so tell us?where is this Missing Map??

?The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa can be found?in the Catfish Cove,? reveals Olmec. A spotlight focuses on the ink-drenched map hanging on the temple guard door as the camera zooms in on it.

?Ooh, the Catfish Cove!? replies Kirk. ?Alright? Teams?you are now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a minute, Olmec?s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you?re right, you?ll move down to the next level, but if you?re wrong or run out of time, I?m gonna have to give the other teams a chance to answer. The first two teams that make it to the bottom level?will be one step closer to Olmec?s temple. Olmec, we?re now ready for your first question??

Olmec asks: ?Did Juan closely work with?Vasco de Gama, Christopher Columbus, or John Cabot??

The Green Monkeys stomp down: ?Christopher Columbus??

?That is correct!? says Olmec quickly. ?Nice job, Green Monkeys!? comments Kirk as they step down to the second step. ?Still early in the game? Next question, Olmec??

Olmec asks: ?Do cartographers make?flowcharts, maps??

The Orange Iguanas ring in first: ?Maps!?

?That is correct,? answers Olmec. ?Orange Iguanas, tied up with the Green Monkeys!? narrates Kirk as they step down to join the Green Monkeys in the middle of the second step. ?Next question!?

Olmec asks: ?Is the New World??

The Red Jaguars interject: ?America??

After a short pause, Olmec replies, ?That...is correct.? The surprised Red Jaguars step down to the join Orange and Green. ?Whoa, we?ve got a three-way tie on the second step!? comments Kirk. ?Next question, Olmec??

Olmec asks: ?Which of these ships was Juan de la Cosa a crew member of?The Matthew??

The Green Monkeys hit the marking: ?The Matthew???

?Incorrect,? says Olmec. ?The other two choices are?The Santa Maria, or The Santa Cruz?? The Red Jaguars quickly buzz in: ?The Santa Maria??

?That IS correct,? declares Olmec as the Red Jaguars move down to the third step. ?Alright, Red Jaguars are just one step away from the temple games!? says Kirk. ?Next question??

Olmec asks: ?According to our legend, what did Juan de la Cosa spill??

The Green Monkeys ring in: ?Um?ink??

?That?is?correct,? replies Olmec. ?Alright, step down Green Monkeys!? says Kirk as they move down to the third step. ?We?ve got a tie on the second to last step! Who?s gonna be our first team going on to the temple games? Next question??

Olmec asks: ?Was Juan from??

The Red Jaguars interrupt: ?Europe???

?That is not one of our three choices,? says Olmec. ?The three choices are??

The Orange Iguanas ring in: ?Spain??

?That is correct!? says Olmec as the Orange Iguanas step down. ?Alright, now the Orange Iguanas are also one step away from the temple games!? commentates Kirk. ?Olmec, next question??

Olmec asks: ?Are Spanish conquerors often called?Conquistadors??

The Red Jaguars stomp down quickly: ?Conquistadors!?

?THAT IS CORRECT!? booms Olmec. ?The Red Jaguars are moving on to the temple games!? yells an excited Kirk. ?We need one more team! Who?s it gonna be?the Silver Snakes, the Orange Iguanas, or the Green Monkeys? Let?s find out?next question.?

Olmec asks: ?Does Juan translate into English as?Sean, Jake??

The Silver Snakes buzz in: ?Sean???

?Incorrect!? says Olmec. ?The other choice is??

The Orange Iguanas hit their marking: ?John???

?Corrrrrecte!? yells Olmec. ?These two teams are going on to the temple games!? shouts Kirk as he runs over to the bottom step. ?The Red Jaguars?and the Orange Iguanas!? The audience cheers for both teams qualifying.

?The Silver Snakes and the Green Monkeys gave it a great effort? They?re not going away empty handed; we?ve got a great gift for them and here?s what it is.?

Dee reads the prize:
?It?s your very own electronic dictionary from Sony! Featuring multiple languages, an encyclopedia with over 10,000 articles and more!?

The screen wipes to reveal Kirk with his hands on the two remaining teams? shoulders. ?These two teams are going to be playing for the rights to enter Olmec?s temple?right after this!? The camera zooms in rapidly towards the audience, then cuts to a shot of flying over the Steps of Knowledge into the foliage, stopping at the Silver Monkey lying among the plants. The pendant crashes together, then the screen fades out.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 05:06:00 AM »
The screen reappears, the logo splits, and the camera zooms out from some foliage near the base of Olmec, then spins around to focus on the temple games area.

?Welcome back to Legends,? says Kirk, standing  in front of The Jungle Crevice with the two teams. ?Now the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest, but before we get started?let?s meet our two teams,? says Kirk, turning to the short boy with dark brown hair on the Orange Iguanas. ?On the Orange Iguanas, we?ve got Peter. Now Peter, I understand that you play a lot of musical instruments? Tell me about that.?

?I started playing piano when I was three,? explains Peter, ?and then I picked up violin and guitar in the fourth grade. And now I?m just starting to play electric guitar.?

?Whoo, that is a lot!? comments Kirk. ?Keep playing! And, uh? Over here, we have Jamie.? Kirk walks over to the blue-eyed, fair-haired girl at Peter?s left.

?Jamie,? continues Kirk, ?I hear that you?re an artist?or want to be one? Tell me about that.?

?Um, I like to paint and draw,? says Jamie, ?and I?ve been into art since?. Maybe when I was five or six?? She falls silent and smiles sheepishly.

?Alright, we?ve got a talented team!? says Kirk. ?Let?s hear it for the Orange Iguanas!? The audience claps and cheers as Kirk moves over to the boy on the Red Jaguars with a crew cut.

?And on the Red Jaguars, we have Herbert,? continues Kirk. ?Now? Herbert, I hear that you enjoy listening to music and using the computer, but you?re also a collector of videogames. Tell me about that??

?I don?t play all of them,? says Hebert, ?but I want to collect a lot of videogames? I just have an interest in collecting things.?

?Collect anything else?? asks Kirk interestedly. ?Well?I do have a lot of stamps and some rare coins as well,? says Herbert. ?Alright!? says Kirk as he shifts over to the red-haired, freckled-faced girl in the far right of the screen.

?Also on the Red Jaguars, we have Rebecca. Rebecca? You?re a big scuba diver, I hear?? asks Kirk.

?Yeah,? laughs Rebecca. ?Um? I got interested when I was about eight and my parents would take me on all these trips around the world, and in Africa we went scuba diving and, uh? I guess I?ve just been into it ever since!?

?We?ve got two terrific teams today!? says Kirk. ?Let?s hear?let?s hear it for the Red Jaguars!? The audience claps and cheers once again.

?You guys ready to play?? asks Kirk. ?YEAH!? the teams excitedly reply. ?Well then! Go get ready?? The players walk off in different directions as Kirk continues his narration.

?In the temple games, teams are competing for pendants of life?? Kirk grabs a pendant out of his pouch and holds it up to the camera. ?The winning team will need those pendants to protect themselves from the dreaded temple guards, as they make their way through the temple. There are three temple games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1.?

Olmec explains:
?Sea voyages could become very violent if the ship was not sturdy. In this game, you?ll need to overcome a sea storm. When Kirk gives the signal, hold on tight?because your ship will start to sway in the wind. If you fall off, your opponents will score a point. The team with the most points at the end of 60 seconds wins.?

?How long will our captains last?? comments Kirk. ?Let?s find out? Let?s put 60 seconds on the clock!? The clock bangs down in the corner of the screen.

?On your marks, get set?GO!? Immediately, the spotters begin to rock the two boats, causing Rebecca to fall off almost instantly. ?OH!? yells Kirk. ?Red Jaguars are down already? That?s one for the Orange Iguanas!? The ships begin rocking and swaying again, and this time both players hold on dearly as the spotters begin to tug on the handles more and more violently, causing? ?The Red Jaguars fall off again!? shouts Kirk. ?And now the Orange Iguanas are down too!? Both players fall off just seconds apart, making the score 2-1 Orange.

[0:27] ?How long more can they take it?? asks Kirk. ?It looks like? Orange is down! It?s two-to-two!? Jamie finally falls off again, and gets back on quickly so the ships start up again faster. ?Oh, no!? shouts Kirk. ?It?s coming down to the wire! Will the Red?OH! Red Jaguars fell off?? Before Kirk can say a further word, the ceiling lights flash?TIME IS UP!

?That?s it! That?s it!? says Kirk, running over to the foam bags under the ships. ?It?s a tie?both teams have three points?so they each get a half-pendant of life!? The two girls give each other a high-five as the crowd cheers. ?The next game is worth another half-pendant? Olmec, tell us about it.?

Olmec narrates:
?Many bottles of ink were used when Juan made his maps, and made Juan?s desk very messy. Now, you?ll help him put some of his ink back. When Kirk gives the signal, grab a bottle of ink and place it between your feet, then grab a trapeze and swing out. Then, drop the ink into one of the inkwells. The first player to fill all nine inkwells, or the team that fills the most inkwells at the end of 60 seconds?wins.?

?Let?s hope we don?t break any of Juan?s bottles,? says Kirk. ?Let?s put?60 seconds on the clock!?

The clock appears onscreen. ?On your marks, get set?GO!? Neither player gets an ink bottle into any of the holes on their first try, but the Orange Iguanas do score on their second try, while Herbert?s second bottle bounces right off the grid. ?They?ve got to get a rhythm going,? comments Kirk, ?so that they can keep getting those bottles in?Ooh, Orange scores again!? Peter and Herbert both score on this time, and both of their fourth tries are successful. [0:22] ?20 seconds left!? reminds Kirk, as the Red Jaguars score while Peter misses. Both teams are now tied up?three to three?but then Peter scores again, and Herbert sends his flying across the inkwells. ?Oh, no!? yells Kirk. ?He just missed it! A few more seconds? And that?s it! Time?s up, guys?? Peter scores one more just as the ceiling lights flash.

Kirk walks over to the grid. ?Alright, let?s check it out here? The Orange Iguanas filled one?two?three?four...five inkwells! The Red Jaguars filled one? Three inkwells! The Orange Iguanas get the half pendant of life! So now the Orange Iguanas have one pendant; The Red Jaguars have a half. We?re going into the third and final game?this one?s worth a full pendant?so Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #3.?

Olmec continues:
?Maps?including the ones that Juan made?can be of any size and any scale. You and your partner are attached to a gigantic map of the world. When Kirk gives the signal, both of you climb across and through the map to reach the bottom. When you reach the end, unhook yourselves and help your partner through. The first team to unhook themselves from the map, or the team that?s further along at the end of 60 seconds wins!?

?Huge map!? says Kirk as the players get ready. ?Let?s put 60 seconds?on the clock!?

The clock slams down into the corner of the screen. ?This is for the temple? On your marks, get set?GO!? Both teams immediately start climbing up through the first set of metal handlebars, then up along the top of the ?map?, with the Orange Iguanas edging ahead of the Red Jaguars. Eventually, this small lead allows them to pull ahead, reaching the end of the track a few feet ahead of the Red Jaguars. ?They?re scramblin? to get out of the map!? shouts Kirk excitedly as the Red Jaguars begin to unhook themselves, but? ?ORANGE DID IT!? yells Kirk. ?That?s it?? The clock freezes at 14 seconds and disappears as Kirk walks over to the Orange Iguanas.

?Alright!? says Kirk as the teams walk over to Kirk. ?The Orange Iguanas got through that giant map first, so they get the full pendant of life! That gives them two pendants; The Red Jaguars had a half? The Orange Iguanas are going to the temple!? The audience cheers along with the jumping and screaming Orange Iguanas.

?The Red Jaguars gave it a great effort all the way,? reminds Kirk. ?They came up a little short, but we?re gonna give them great gift?here?s what it is.?

Dee reads the prize:
??British Knights, makers of BK Ratchtech! BK Ratchtech?prepare?to mutate.?

?This is a strong Orange Iguanas team!? yells Kirk with the excited winning team. ?Let?s see if they can make it through Olmec?s Temple?right after this!? The camera quickly pans past the entire bottom floor, before zooming in on the lion statue in the Lion Cage. The show?s title card appears, and we fade to commercial.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 05:38:03 AM »
The pendant splits as the camera zooms out from a mural on the stone wall behind Olmec, then fades to Kirk with his hands on The Orange Iguanas? shoulders.

?Welcome back to Legends,? he says. ?The Orange Iguanas have proven themselves worthy and now have earned the right to enter Olmec?s temple. But first, Olmec?s going to give them some information to help them retrieve this Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa.?

Olmec begins his rundown:
?You could start by climbing through the Tigers' Den and climbing down into the Jungle Crevice. Crawl through the pit, then race into the Treasury of the Monkeys. Find the right bunch of fruit, and you could choose to go up...into the Anaconda's Sanctuary, or into the Tropical Forest. If you escape, you might have a chance to enter the Secret Woods. Reach into the log and find the key, or plow through the wall and into the Lion Cage.

?There, ride the elevator up, and into the Catfish Cove, where you can grab The Missing Map. Find the correct bucket, and open the door to the Shriiiiine?of the Silver Monkey. Assemble the statue, and you may be headed for the Vine Drop. Pull the vines to open the doors, and race up to the Wildebeasts' Hideout. Turn the correct horn, and swing on the vine across the Crevice. Then, pass thru the Room of the Tropicana Birds, race down the stairs, and back through the temple gates. The choices are yours and yours alone. You won two pendants in the temple games. Who's going first??

?I am!? shouts Peter.

?Very well, Peter!? replies Olmec. ?When Kirk gives the signal, you'll race through the gates into the temple, and make your way towards the Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa. Hidden inside the temple are temple guards assigned to protect three specific rooms. You can trade your pendant for an extra life and go on but if you're caught without a pendant, you'll be taken out of the temple...and it will be Jamie's turn to enter and try her luck. If you can reach the Missing Map, all the doors of the temple will instantly unlock and the temple guards will vanish. Return through the gates with The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa in three minutes, and you will both be handsomely rewarded? and here's how!?

Dee reads the team?s prizes:
? For just going into the temple, you?ll both receive this iPod Shuffle! Holds up to 1GB of music, and automatically changes the order of songs for your enjoyment. It?s small, it?s compact, it?s convenient?and it?s the iPod Shuffle! From Apple!
? If you can grab the Missing Map before three minutes is up, you?ll also each receive this camcorder! Sony DV Handycam records crystal-clear shots in Hi-Definition, complete with easy upload to your computer! It?s great for professionals and for playtime. From Sony!
? And if they can bring the Missing Map out of the temple before three minutes is up, you?ll both be going to SeaWorld! SeaWorld Orlando?the ultimate marine life interactive experience. You?ll swim with the dolphins, and then fly like a ray on Manta, the fastest flying coaster on the East Coast! From Inbev-Busch Entertainment!

?Alright, let?s try and get them to SeaWorld!? cheers Kirk. ?Let?s get in position, mouthpieces in? You never know when you?re gonna go! And?let?s put three minutes on the clock!?

The clock bangs down into the corner of the screen. ?Alright, Olmec?lower your gate!? The gate lowers as Olmec moans and the lights around him switch off. ?On your marks, get set?GO!?

?There goes Peter!? yells Kirk, as Peter starts racing up the stairs. ?Which way is he gonna go? He?s going?down the slide, into the Room of the Tiger?s Den!? Peter appears moments later in the depths of the brightly-lit room, and then hops over some rockwork to hit the actuator to the Jungle Crevice. He slides down headfirst, then scrambles through the rubble and opens the door to the Treasury of the Monkeys. [2:38] Peter slides down, and sets foot on the cracked-mud covered floor. But before he can climb the ladder, out comes the first TEMPLE GUARD! ?Ohhhh! Temple guard!? shouts Kirk. ?Give ?im the pendant?there you go!? Peter tosses a pendant quickly between the rungs of the ladder, then continues up and grabs two bunches of bananas, jumping back down onto the floor and running to the altar.

?He?s going to place the fruits on the altar!? says Kirk. ?Maybe offer something to the monkeys, huh?? Right when Kirk says that, the second bunch of bananas opens the door to The Anaconda?s Sanctuary with 2:20 left. ?Alright, he?s going up? Up into the Anaconda?s Sanctuary?? Peter scrambles up the ladder again, but the moment he emerges from the door, a second TEMPLE GUARD appears from the back doors and captures Peter!

?Oh, no!? comments Kirk. ?Now it?s Jamie?s turn to see if she can make up some time!? Jamie jogs up the stairs, then slides down into the Tiger?s Den. ?She?s got to move a little quicker than that,? says Kirk. ?She?s got to motor! Come on Jamie, motor right down? She?s headed for the Jungle Crevice?? Jamie enters the Jungle Crevice, and immediately begins climbing up?and slipping down?the wall to reach the rock ledge. [2:05] ?She?s heading up to the Anaconda?s Sanctuary!? says Kirk. ?Maybe she?s got a plan?? Jamie?s ?plan? isn?t working?she keeps slipping down the wall. When she finally gets a good grip, she pulls herself up onto the ledge and hits the actuator to the Anaconda?s Sanctuary, opening up the door and crawling into the room.

[1:44] Jamie grabs for the rubber snake at the front of the room, then proceeds to shove it into the stage-right nest so violently that it gets stuck for a few seconds. ?Now she has to find the right nest to open the door?and she does!? comments Kirk. ?She?s going into the Vine Drop room?no, she?s going up again!? Jamie only realizes that the sliding door has opened, and begins to head up to the Wildebeast?s Hideout. [1:26] She turns the right horn for a few times?which doesn?t open any doors. Jamie then regains her composure and begins rotating the left horn, slowly lowering the rock slab to the Vine Drop. ?Alright, now she?s in the Vine Drop? She?s only two rooms away from the Missing Map!? [1:09] Jamie is seen entering the Vine Drop, but is lost for a few seconds.

?PULL THE ROPES!? screams Peter from the sidelines. Jamie finally realizes the objective of the room and begins to tug on the first vine several times before moving onto the next. She keeps pulling down on them like this, even though the second vine opens the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey. ?Go into the next room!? yells Kirk. ?Keep moving forward! Keep moving?? Jamie finally takes Kirk and Peter?s cues and stops tugging on the final vine. ?Now go into the Shriiiiiine of the Siiiilver Monkey! This one?s always hard!? [0:44] ?COME ON JAMIE!? yells Peter, ?YOU CAN DO IT!? Jamie grabs the base and the middle piece, fumbling about and even dropping the middle on the floor before she finally gives up and places the base on first. Jamie treks back to the back of the room to get the dropped piece, then has some trouble adjusting the belly-piece to fit on top of the base.

?Turn it around!? yells Kirk. ?Turn it? You might wanna turn the middle around...it?s upside-down, I think!? Jamie finally turns the middle right-side up, then places it on correctly. [0:12] ?Oh, no! It?s coming down to the wire?? says Kirk as Jamie gets the head,  slamming it on with FOUR SECONDS REMAINING! ?GO GO GO!? bellows Kirk as Jamie starts running up the small staircase?but we?re OUT OF TIME!

?NOOOOOO!? shouts Kirk. ?They were sooooo close, but they didn?t get the Missing Map! They did a great job; the musician, the artist? We?re out of here, buh-bye!? Kirk high-fives Peter as Jamie reappears by their side.

The credits scroll as various ending scenes are shown: a face-down aerial shot of the Moat, rockwork near the corner of the Lion Cage, and the mist-filled Jungle Crevice. Finally, the camera fades out, and the light bulb-Nickelodeon logo is shown as an electric buzzing noise is heard.

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • The Bamboo Forest
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 05:52:25 AM »
Artifact Name: The Missing Map of Juan de la Cosa
Result: Ran out of Time
Time Remaining: N/A
Pendants Won: 2
Diagram:

Summary:

If I could pick one flaw in the episode, it would be letting Jamie on the show. But more will be explained as time goes on...

After a short Moat and a fairly long Steps of Knowledge came the Temple Games, which the Orange Iguanas had no trouble in, winning two pendants to take to the temple. At this point, chances that they will do well in the temple are high, right? WRONG! Or should I say, "Half-WRONG!"...?

Overall, this was the average 1 Smart Player + 1 Slow Player team run. Peter was quick and smart, making it to the Anaconda's Sanctuary in about 40 seconds before being taken out. Plenty of time for Jamie to get the Map, right? WRONG AGAIN. She took forever trying to save a few meters of climbing a ladder - much easier than climbing the Jungle Crevice walls - and went up to the Anaconda's Sanctuary instead. After going up to the very top of the temple unnecessarily (the Sanctuary/Vine Drop door actually opened; watch the episode again and look out for it), she then had to traverse the second floor which she did with pure sluggishness. She put together the monkey with FIVE SECONDS REMAINING, turned towards the door to grab the map...and time ran out. Serves her right for her inexcusable slowness.

Trivia and Records
This is, by far, the closest a player has ever gotten to an artifact without retrieving it before time was called. I believe this is also one of the few times where a guard is hidden in the Anaconda's Sanctuary and he does not hide behind the sliding door which does open in this temple run.