Poll

Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress

Author Topic: Rate the Legends Episodes! Day 121: RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16663 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
There really is nothing much about Dried Ear of Corn. There were some funny moment like the Temple Game basket switcheroo, Fast Eddie's slip in the Pit, and Tess in the Dark Forest. I'll give it a 5.

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Sojourner Truth was a very forgettable and bland episode. But I don't think it was a bad episode at all, just nothing really noteworthy sticks out about it. The artifact was pretty dumb and lame though. I mean why associate a dry piece of vegetable with Sojourner Truth? The Green Monkeys were a decent team up until the temple run. The temple run was pretty boring and uneventful. I remember Eddie's faceplant into the platform while swinging back to it in the Pit of the Pendulum. Tess also messed their temple run up to when she when she stalled in both the Shrine and Dark Forest. If she got her act together, she would've easily reached the artifact. This temple layout was exactly like "Sir Gawain", except Tess and Eddie were forced to meet all three guards. But if they moved fast, then this temple run would've had a better outcome. There is really nothing to say about this episode, but it wasn't terrible by any means though. I will give it a 6 also.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
Sojourner Truth gets a 5.67

Next is The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe

Favorites
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Episodes! Day 117: The Enormous Iron Nose Ring of Babe
« Reply #633 on: June 01, 2013, 12:31:39 AM »
Enormous Iron Nose Ring was a very fun and memorable episode. While the temple run was a little overrated and not as good as people make it out to be, the rest of the episode was very enjoyable to watch from Kirk to the Silver Snakes. The legend about Paul Bunyan and Babe was memorable to me, as was the interesting artifact. The temple games were memorable for Joel and Dorothy's enthusiasm and Joel's strong performance. It was also memorable for Kirk's "Ring around the Babe" quote too. The temple run is kind of overrated though. Joel may have had a fast win, but he made some mistakes that has cost other teams in the past. He took longer than usual to complete the Shrine of the Silver Monkey and took the whole central shaft out of the temple. That would've cost him if his layout wasn't generous to him. Not only that, he would've had one of the fastest wins if he never made either mistakes. But still, Joel was a good player either way and I respect his performance moreso than other overrated contestants. He would've done well no matter what layout you gave him. Overall, this episode is one of my favorite ones from Season 2 and even if the win is a little overrated, Joel was a fun contestant to watch. I will give this one an 8.  :mrsilver:

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 01, 2013, 12:43:02 AM »
I gave Babe the Ox an 8. It was a fun episode and I liked the enthusiasm all around, but I find Joel a bit overrated. He was a great player, don't get me wrong, but his layout was rather easy and he didn't have much work to do. But I appreciate him much more than I do other overrated contestants.

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #635 on: June 01, 2013, 07:07:56 AM »
8. Joel had a really easy path that involved no guards (but... he sped past one in the Dark Forest). He can be overrated, but it was an exciting run anyway. Everything else was good too.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #636 on: June 01, 2013, 08:58:44 PM »
Nose Ring gets a 7.6

Now we move on to everybody's favorite win!  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Episodes! Day 118: Robin Hood & Marian's Ladder
« Reply #637 on: June 01, 2013, 10:53:57 PM »
I gave Silk Ladder a 7. Despite the ridiculously easy win, it was still a pretty exciting episode. And the Steps of Knowledge were comical for the ridiculous answers given by the Blue Barracudas.

"Robin Hood and Marian's Ladder!"
"Bow and arrow skills!"

:lol:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #638 on: June 01, 2013, 10:58:53 PM »
Alas, we come to the  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: episode. Jeremy & Erica were a very strong pre-temple team (1st in the Moat, 1st in the steps, 2 Pendants, victory) The other team that did all that was a 100 times better. The run is the most boring win ever. Just a few buttons led to victory. Jeremy's pose was bad too :roll:. I'll give this a 6. (Mercy vote)  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: June 02, 2013, 12:29:13 AM »
Silk Ladder... the episode that features the worst win on the whole show.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  Seriously, the win was so easy that almost any team would've won. The rest of the episode was pretty memorable and decent though. The Steps of Knowledge were memorable for the silly answers from the Blue Barracuda boy. Although in his defense, his "Bow and Arrow skills" answer probably would've been correct in later seasons. I remember the temple games also for Erika collecting 200+ pencils and Jeremy who collected 10,000 sport cards.  :shock: The "Billy the Kid" team were famous for their dominating performance before the temple run, but Jeremy and Erika won in similar fashion - first in the moat, first in the Steps, temple game sweep, and a win in the temple. Although Kelly and Tony's performance was more strong than the Silver Snakes.

But that temple win... was so easy and lame.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: I know teams can't pick and choose their temple layouts, but these two should've won with more than a minute left. Erika was not a problem, she actually made it through five rooms in under a minute. Jeremy was so slow though. There is no reason he should've exited the temple with 30 seconds on the clock. If this was any other temple layout not named "Shaka Zulu", he would've lost. And then his celebration at the end of the run was so lame too. You just pushed two actuators, how is that even an accomplishment?  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  So yeah, this win is very lame and almost any team from S1 would've won it. In the end though, this temple run is better than more than half of the runs of S1. And the episode as a whole was pretty good quality and memorable. And I can go back and watch it without having to force myself to sit through it. I will give it a 7.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 12:49:32 AM by The Red Jaguars »

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: June 02, 2013, 12:48:22 AM »
It's Erica not Elise. ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #641 on: June 02, 2013, 08:22:00 PM »
I'm ending  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: early, it gets a 6.5

Next is The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Rate the Legends Episodes! Day 119: The Red Sash of Tokugawa Ieyasu
« Reply #642 on: June 02, 2013, 08:35:10 PM »
Tokugawa gets an 8 from me. This episode is kind of overlooked because it doesn't really stand out compared to many other episode in S3. But once you watch, it will most likely be a memorable experience for many. Brandy and Quentin were a dominating team throughout the day. The legend was a little bit silly for the "I am grounded for two weeks with no TV?!" line. It doesn't even make sense and no one would really believe that they had televisions during that time. :roll: But Legends did worst with their legends. The temple games used were pretty interesting, and the upside-down one was also pretty unique also. Unfortunately, the Blue Barracudas had to face a bottom of the central shaft run. That means their run would end in a loss. The layout was also very lengthy for whatever reason and required the team to enter 9 rooms. And the team STILL made it to the room of the artifact. Too many hesitations on both players parts cost them the victory. But they still were a good team and Brandy was one of the very few contestants who made it back to the platform. If they had any other bottom of the central shaft layout (especially the Empress Eugenie one), the Blue Barracudas would've won. Other than that, I like this episode and was worth the review last night.  :barracudas2:  :mrblue:

Also, one more episode after this one!  ;)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #643 on: June 02, 2013, 08:40:55 PM »
The second-last episode. So I'll give this an 8. The Blue Barracudas were a great team. The Legend was going alright until this line came. "I'm grounded for 2 weeks with no TV?" :roll:. One of the worst lines ever. No one is going to believe they had TV's all the way back then. The run was very exciting and odd. The Shrine/Password door was left open. Brandy still did the Monkey, and she failed to notice the Bog door (common mistake, Quentin did it too). Man, did they get a lucky break in the Jester's Court. They almost got the Sash.

Favorites

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 02, 2013, 08:42:57 PM »
Yup, giving Red Sash an 8, for the same reasons. Just one more and the rankings are finished. :mrblue: