Author Topic: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic  (Read 24630 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Discussion Topic
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2014, 12:40:40 AM »
You do need the magic meter for Light Arrows and Din's Fire. Those items are required to complete certain sections of the game. It is also extremely useful for the Lens of Truth. You can complete the game without that item, but it makes life MUCH easier when you use it. Other than that, there is not much use besides the elemental arrows and magic spells.

Also, Farore's Wind actually acts like a checkpoint of some sort. In one of my most recent playthroughs, I used it in the Fire Temple. You remember the area where you can fall all the way down when trying to get the Megaton Hammer? If you use Farore's Wind, then it will create a checkpoint that Link can warp back to if he leaves the room. It is very useful if you save in a dungeon and want to return to a certain point.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2014, 12:46:04 AM »
I should've known, and I just recently played through this game too. :oops: Oh well, if I play Master Quest sometime, I guess I'll keep that in mind. I heard in Master Quest, there are cows inside Jabu Jabu's Belly. And there are all these random tombs inside of both the Deku Tree and Dodongo's Cavern. Weird.... I also heard that enemies in MQ do double damage. If anyone can confirm this, you don't suck.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2014, 12:54:46 AM »
I never use Farore's Wind either. Last time I played this game, I never bothered playing it. I can do most of the OoT dungeons in one sitting anyways. It is like Nayru's Love where I never bother using it when collecting. :P

But yeah, most of the dungeons are completely different in MQ. There are new enemies in each dungeon, changes to rooms and layouts, and different ways to complete the dungeon. For example, the Forest Temple holds ReDeads now while the Water Temple has Dodongos in them. And yeah, Jabu Jabu has cows that act as switches too. :lol:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 15, 2014, 01:08:05 AM »
I love Nayru's Love. It's great when you don't want to take damage from a REALLY tough mini boss/enemy/whatever. :P And Dodongo's in Water Temple? WTF?! :shock: I mean, Fire Temple I would understand, but it seems so out of place in Water Temple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2014, 11:17:49 PM »
So I was looking through some of the beta pictures (and articles) of both OOT, and MM, and I found this little gem in the latter game:

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/zelda-news/majoras-mask-contains-two-hidden-unused-cutscenes/

Apparently these were cutscenes involving Link and the Great Fairy, that were not used in the final cut. One involves Link doing some exercise, where he morphs into Fierce Deity Link, and gets the enhanced health. And the other is the Great Fairy teaching Link how to spin attack. And by teach, she's physically forcing him to do the attack. Which is also accompanied with a "Do as I say" comment, according to the translated Japanese text. I may be reading too much into this, but it's so easy to take the wrong way with how both characters are "positioned" in the spin attack one. It just looks.... wrong, for lack of a better word. I mean, I knew the Great Fairy was strange, but not on that level. :shock: So if you want another reason to never set foot in another Fairy Fountain again, there you go. Just, make of this what you will.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2014, 11:47:34 PM »
Wow, what were the producers thinking? The Great Fairies are already creepy to begin with, but do they need to show Link how to do a spin attack? They never did that in OoT, and those are pretty much the same Fairies. I am glad they removed that because there is already enough creepy stuff in MM  :shock:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2014, 01:06:25 AM »
Damn straight, she literally looks like she is raping Link. I shit you not. :shock: I am so glad they didn't include that either. The exercising one wasn't too bad, but exercising? That's kind of easy to take the wrong way too. It looks like the Great Fairy is using him as some sort of slave or something. Plus, morphing into Fierce Deity Link just like that is kind of out of place too. Earning the mask just before the final boss makes much more sense. I was just shocked to see that to say the least. No way would something like that slide had the game been released today. Sorry in advance if I give you nightmares tonight. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:59 AM »
Don't worry, OoT and MM gave me nightmares ages ago. :P I am surprised that OoT got an "E - Everyone" rating when it was first released. :shock: That game did NOT deserve that ranking. I mean just look at the Shadow Temple and Bottom of the Well? Torture devices, blood everywhere, and the enemies are pretty "M" rated too. A severed hand? A dead zombie? This was a game that was for a mature audience.

If that is bad, then Majora's Mask getting an "E' rating was much worse than OoT. MM is a very dark game and has a lot of subtle hints in it. Like how you wear the faces of dead people (Zora Mask, Goron Mask, etc.) And then the whole Ikana Castle region was definitely for a mature audience. And don't forget the moon crashing ending. :shock:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2014, 01:10:52 AM »
Plus, near butt naked characters like Ruto and all the Great Fairies don't help the case either. Totally agree on MM too. I swear, that has got to be THE darkest game I have ever played. I mean, the whole theme of the game revolved around death, dead souls, etc. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the Redeads (and Gibdos for that matter), humping you if you get too close to them. If the Redeads didn't creep you out as a kid, let alone today, then you are one brave SOB. :shock:

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 21, 2014, 01:11:02 AM »
I clearly remember my first ReDead encounter. It was the one in the unmarked grave where you can get a heart piece. I remember first going up to it because I thought it was a person you can talk to. Since it was crouched over and Hyrule had some really weird races in the first place. But when it screamed and jumped on me that is when I became traumatized. I use to always make sure I played the Sun Song if I was in the room with a ReDead when I was young. And I use to read guides to find where they were located at too. They definitely don't bother me anymore though. I actually go up to them now and slash the hell out of them. In the Bottom of the Well in Master Quest, there is a group of five of them that protect the Lens of Truth. I died a few times there I remember.  :oops:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 21, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »
Yeah, I saw some image (I believe it was a GIF) of all the Redeads crowding around a single chest. I wonder if it's possible to get raped by 4 or 5 Redeads at once? And if that's so.... you better have some fairy jars and/or red potion handy. :shock:

On another note, how's your progress in OOT, TRJ? If you're still doing the 100% completion thing.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2014, 02:06:42 AM »
I am glad you asked. I have 14 heart pieces and about to enter the Fire Temple. I actually beat the Water Temple this time before the Fire Temple just to switch things up. Most of the heart pieces I am missing now are from the Magic Bean Stalk. I got the really annoying ones like the bug game with the frogs, the fishing one as Young Link, and the Dampe Race. I also have all the upgrades too except for the extra quiver for the Fairy Bow. Only because I did not enter Gerudo Valley yet. Too bad most of these upgrades are useless though. 30 Deku Sticks? What a waste. I remembered to get the Deku Nut upgrade that you can permanently miss before becoming Adult Link. :P

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 21, 2014, 02:15:22 AM »
Yeah, what exactly do you do with 30 Deku Sticks? I mean, you only use them as a kid. Plus, when you're an adult, you just use fire arrows, or Din's Fire. I don't think I've ever gotten an upgrade on how many items you can carry. At least I don't remember. Though I did get an upgrade on my quiver on my most recent playthrough in MM. It's that Octorock Archery game where you're supposed to hit 50 to get a heart piece. I could only get 40, but it was enough for an upgrade to hold 40 arrows. I got it too little too late in the game, but I guess it came in handy for the final boss. I did worse in that archery game than I did in previous playthroughs. Go figure. :lol:

And I just came across a hilarious comic regarding the Bottom of the Well, and the crap that goes on in there not long ago. Where Link tells Anju "I'm not drinking your Redead piss! Do you have any idea that goes in down there?" I need to find it though. :P

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 21, 2014, 02:30:33 AM »
I hated that Octorok Archery game.  :x MM had some of the most evil games that were much worse than OoT. Honey and Darling is another one I despise because you have to win in it on all three days just to get the heart piece. I never knew how I got all the heart pieces before in MM because it is hard as hell. The Don Gero one has to be the hardest Zelda heart piece ever. :?

I am looking forward to your comic also. :lol: You can find so many OoT and MM gems.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 21, 2014, 02:37:59 AM »
Seriously, some of the heart pieces in MM were absolutely retarded. How on earth are you supposed to win the Honey and Darling games ONCE, let alone all three days? Same with the Deku Playground one. Though on my most recent playthrough, I managed to collect all the rupees on the first day. But here's the catch: You have to beat the quickest time finishing the game. And since I'm such a painfully slow, uncoordinated player, I did not beat the time and my effort meant nothing. -_____- And the frog one is absurd too. Though I always get that heart piece, albeit last thing before the final boss. I get bored easily when I have time to spare, and no real sidequest or whatever to do. :P

And here's the comic.

It's hilarious, especially at the end of the comic. Zombie piss, that's brilliant. :lol: