Author Topic: Legends Temple Run Rankings Countdown  (Read 322 times)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Legends Temple Run Rankings Countdown
« on: December 31, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
My original intent was to rank every single temple run on the show by different categories and come up with a list of the best and worst temple runs. However, I didn't like the idea of rating random temple runs as it was too much of a disorganized method. Instead, I want to use a "countdown" type of method like used in the "Worst Songs Ever" thread.

Anyways, the point of this topic is for me rank all 120 temple runs in the series from the worst to the best. Everyday I will try to post 2-3 temple runs and try to rank them from worst to best. When ranking these runs, I am going to take into account several elements including temple performance, quality of the run, memorableness, and excitement factor. I will also appreciate any feedback, whether it be positive or negative, in helping me mold my final list.

I will have the bottom two temple runs up shortly. ;)

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Legends Temple Run Rankings Countdown
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:22:13 PM »
120. "The Golden Cricket Cage of Khan"

Any Legends fan that has watched this show can tell you that this is the worst temple run ever. This shouldn't even be a debate at all. This temple run featured two Silver Snakes by the name of John and Tia. What makes this temple run the undisputed "Worst temple run ever"? Just watch for yourself and see how bad it is.

They were the only team ever to enter only four rooms in three minutes. Both players were laughably bad and the whole temple run is laughable. John gets lost in the Cave of Sighs trying to find the door to the Wall Climb. Once he makes his way to the Throne Room, he gets lost and backtracks all the way to the Cave of Sighs. Since when does backtracking to the entrance room ever going to get you anywhere? When he is taken out of the temple, it is like a big sigh of relief.

But wait, this run could only get worse. Tia was somehow worse than John was in the temple. She has almost a 1:45 to herself and makes no progress past the Heart Room. She spends the rest of her time screwing around the Wall Climb and Heart Room. I guess she eventually noticed the door to the Observatory, where she wastes her remaining time while dangling from a rope.

This is easily the worst temple run in the series. Both John and Tia took stupidity to a whole new level. The temple run itself is boring and you will literally *facepalm* yourself watching it. Do yourself a favor and don't watch it because even one view will have you pondering about how stupid these two were. :roll:

119. "The Bifocal Monocle of One-Eyed Jack"

While pinpointing "Golden Cricket Cage" as the worst temple run is easy, finding the second worst temple run was not so easy. There were quite a few temple runs that I wanted to consider for the "second worst temple run" spot, so taking into account several different factors, I went with this suckfest from the very first episode of Season 3.

The Orange Iguanas had many lackluster runs, but this one was the bottom of the barrel for them. Like the Golden Cricket Cage kids, Veronica and Thomas was amazingly bad. How so? Well, 1/3 of the temple run was spent in the Pit of the Pendulum alone. Veronica must have not wanted to leave the Pit at all, as she spent 1:07 in there alone. So eventually when she gets up from the Pit, she eventually works her way to the Room of the Ancient Warrior. Of course the door to the Shrine is locked, as it would be way too simple to beeline to the artifact while only entering four rooms. Since the Room of the Ancient Warriors was a deadend for her, what should one do? I guess backtracking to an uncleared temple room is the most logical route to take. Thankfully though, Veronica is removed from the temple.

Thomas enters the temple with such little time. But it is enough time to show that he was as stupid as his partner too. Right when he enters the Crypt, he tries pulling the books when Veronica already did this. Eventually, he runs into the Room of the Ancient Warriors, where his incompetent partner already wasted time screwing around in there. Eventually, Thomas got the message that he was suppose to go down into the Tomb of the Headless Kings. But time ran out there for this team of two inept Orange Iguana team by the name of Veronica and Thomas.

Long story short, they were another team of incompetent players. I know you are probably thinking that several bad Season 1 runs deserve this spot, but those said runs at least had some "redeeming value". This temple run had no redeeming value at all. It is also pretty boring and cringeworthy to watch. Which is why I am going to deem this as the second worst temple run on the show. :roll:

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 01:59:03 PM »
Khan: If Alhambra is worst episode. This is worst Temple Run hands down.

One-Eyed Jack: Also a crappy run. Veronica not climbing and Thonas being dumb equals stupid run. What a bad way to start Season 3.

By the way I think this topic should be sticked.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 03:43:41 PM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts
6. Purple Parrots 239 pts

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Cool, another "rankings" thread. I definitely agree about the bottom two. Those above runs had no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
I deleted the other "Temple Run Rankings" thread in place for this one since I like this method better. ;) Anyways, here are the next two rankings:

118. "Blackbeard's Treasure Map"

This temple run I heavily considered for the "second worst temple run", but there is a couple of things that saved it from the bottom two. Anyways, this episode is one of the many Season One suckfests where one player just doesn't know what they are doing at all. Technically speaking, this temple run can be considered a solo run, as Sabrina was in the temple for the whole three minutes. But this is not the good type of solo run. Now for a team that won two pendants in the temple games, you at least expect a respectable performance from them. Wrong. Sabrina spent an entire three minutes in the temple and only covered five rooms. She only made it all the way to the Heart Room in her whole three minutes. When she entered the room, she literally couldn't find a way to progress, so she actually uses her remaining time to go to the entrance of the temple.

You might wonder why this is not ranked as the second worst temple run? What saves this run from being in the bottom two is two factors: James and a potential deadend in the Wheel Room. James never got a chance to enter the temple, so we don't know what he was made of. Unlike the other two runs in our bottom two, where both players are bad, I have a hard time seeing James being as terrible as Sabrina. Sabrina also hit a critical "dead end" in the Wheel Room. Its not clear if Sabrina hit the actuator hard enough, but it is possible that the room was a deadend for her all along. But when we get down to it, this temple run is really sucky with barely any redeemable value to it.

117. "The Snow Cone of Mount Kilimanjaro"

Another Silver Snake run in our bottom five? Quite a few of the Silver Snake runs on the show were pretty bad, and this little "gem" is no exception. If you have watched the whole episode already, you know that it is pretty mediocre and lackluster through every round of the episode. It will only be fitting for the temple run for this episode to be mediocre as well.

This Silver Snake team only made it through five rooms in their entire three minutes. That is pretty pathetic for a Season 3 temple run. They took way too much more time than needed to complete certain rooms. For example, Casey must've tried each Jester's Court painting three times because he was too incompetent to align himself properly. In the Dark Forest, he just stares idiotically at the temple tree before giving end and finally ending our misery of watching him suck in the temple. His partner Heather was pretty slow and stupid herself. She made no progress past the Dark Forest and tried cheating by forcing the golden door to the Shrine open. She could've just plowed through the wall instead of wasting her time screwing around in this room.

This run being in the bottom 5 might be surprising, but there is nothing redeemable about it at all. Both players were slow and clueless and making it through five rooms in 3 minutes is uncalled for in the S3 temple.

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 03:40:39 PM »
Wait, which temple run thread did you delete? There are so many of them, I don't know which specific one it was.