Author Topic: Legends: Rebirth-The Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa  (Read 1100 times)

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
  • Okay, I finally have a tagline. Happy now?
    • View Profile
Legends: Rebirth-The Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa
« on: November 09, 2010, 03:16:16 PM »
Episode 48: The Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa

The camera winds and twists its way through a thick jungle of strange and exotic plants. After a few wrong turns, it finally stops in front of an ancient Mayan temple. At the base of the temple, a giant stone head sits. Suddenly, a torch on either side of the head begins burning. The head’s eyes light up, and it begins to speak:

Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth!” These words appear on the screen. “With your guide, Kirk Fogg! And here he is now!”

A middle-aged man wearing a denim shirt and blue jeans rides in on an ATV. He dismounts the vehicle and runs up the Steps of Knowledge, microphone in hand.

“Thank you! Thank you very much! Nice to see everyone! Nice to see you, Olmec! Welcome to Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth. The rooms are filled with lost treasures protected by mysterious Mayan Temple Guards. Only Olmec knows the legends behind each of these all-new treasures in his temple…which one are we gonna hear about today?”

“The legend of the Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa,” Olmec replies.

“Ooh, the Mystical Earring of Tenska-Tawa,” Kirk says, stumbling over the pronunciation. “Well, the legend is set, and one of these six teams will have a chance to retrieve the Mystical Earring—will it be:

“The Red Jaguars?” The camera zooms in on each team as they are introduced.
“The Blue Barracudas?
“The Green Monkeys?
“The Orange Iguanas?
“The Purple Parrots?
“Or the Silver Snakes?

“They’re gonna have to pass some tough mental and physical tests, but in the end, only one team will earn the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, they’ve gotta cross the Moat, and Olmec will tell us how to do that today…”

Olmec begins to explain the Moat crossing:
“Before you are two vines that stretch across the Moat: one at foot level, and one at arm’s reach. When Kirk gives the signal, one player from each team will walk across the Moat on the bottom vine while holding onto the top vine with their hands. Once you’re safely across, it’s your partner’s turn to cross in the same way. If you fall, or fail to keep at least one hand on the top vine, you must go back and start again. Once both players reach the other side, run over and hit the gong.” Kirk hits the Silver Snakes’ gong to demonstrate. “The first four teams to hit their gongs will go on to the next round!”

“Okay, let’s get started,” Kirk suggests. “Hey teams—are you ready?”
The teams all shout and cheer in response.
“Olmec, are you ready?” Kirk asks.
“Let’s rock,” Olmec replies.
“All right,” says Kirk. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

The teams’ first members reach out to the top vine and grab on, then step onto the bottom vine before making their way across. The Blue Barracudas’ boy takes an early lead, followed by the Green Monkeys’ boy. A mere five seconds into the round, the Purple Parrots’ boy slips and falls in the Moat, and is sent back. The Red Jaguars’ boy touches the water with one of his feet, and has to be sent back as well. “It’s tough going, because you gotta keep holding onto the vines…oh, Silver Snakes just went in!” narrates Kirk as the Silver Snakes’ boy takes a dive and is sent back by a spotter. The three frontrunners that don’t fall in make it across successfully, and their second players all start to cross as well. The Purple Parrots’ boy makes it across on his second try, as does the Red Jaguars’ boy. The Silver Snakes’ boy almost falls in while crossing a second time, but saves himself and continues across. The Blue Barracudas’ girl crosses on her first try, and her team becomes the first to hit their gong. The Green Monkeys’ girl soon follows suit, as does the Orange Iguanas’ boy. “Three teams gonged in—we need only one more!” Kirk says. The Silver Snakes’ boy has crossed now, but his female partner is very slow and deliberate in her moves while crossing. The Red Jaguars’ girl falls in mere steps away from reaching the dock; this allows the Purple Parrots’ girl to step onto the dock and hit her team’s gong to end the Moat Crossing.

“All right, that’s it!” says Kirk as he rushes over and stands beside the Purple Parrots. “That’s it—Purple Parrots had a little trouble there at the start, but they pulled it out in the clutch—goin’ on to the Steps of Knowledge are the Purple Parrots…and the Orange Iguanas…” Kirk briefly pauses between each team’s name to allow for applause. “…and the Blue—Green Monkeys…and the Blue Barracudas! The Red Jaguars and the Silver Snakes didn’t quite make it in time, but we’ve got a great gift for ‘em for playing, and here’s what it is!” They receive a $50 gift card from FYE.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:32:50 PM by The Bandit King »
Favorite Episode: The Secret Map of the Bandit Queen
Favorite Room: The Chamber of the Sacred Markers
Favorite Team: Blue Barracudas

It's baaaaaaaack...
Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth! (return date TBD)

1980s - Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, etc.
1990s - Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men, Nirvana, etc.
Present - Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, etc.
You do the math.

"Just when they think they've got the answers, I change the questions!"
--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 03:20:17 PM »
Kirk and the four remaining teams are now standing atop the Steps of Knowledge. “As the quest continues, it’s now time for Olmec to tell us about the Mystical Earring of Tensta-Cowa. But teams, pay attention, because your knowledge of the legend can bring you a step closer to Olmec’s Temple…”

Olmec begins to tell the story:
“One of the most important men in Native American history was ‘The Prophet’, Tenskwatawa, who fought for Native American rights in the early 1800’s. Tenskwatawa’s real name was Lalawitheka, and he was originally known as a troublemaker. But one day, he hit his head on a rock, and was in a coma for three days. When he awoke, he told of a vision of paradise, and he and his brother, the Shawnee warrior Tecumseh, became prime fighters in the struggle against American intrusion on Native American lands. However, legend has it that William Henry Harrison, the governor of the Indian Territory, wasn’t exactly thrilled about what Tenskwatawa was doing.
“‘This guy’s just a troublemaker—he can’t be for real,’ Governor Harrison said. ‘If one of these so-called ‘visions’ he says he has comes true, I’ll listen to the guy.’
“So Tenskwatawa gave Harrison some proof. He put on his long robe and his mystical silver earrings, which he claimed let him see visions from the spirit world. He then sent a messenger to Governor Harrison with the following warning:
“‘The spirits have shown me that on the 12th of the month of June, the sun will disappear from the sky, then return again as if nothing happened…’
“When Harrison heard the message, he was more convinced than ever that Tenskwatawa was a fraud.
“‘The sun will disappear? Ha! That’s impossible! Now I know this guy’s a fake!’
“But sure enough, on the exact date Tenskwatawa predicted, the sun indeed disappeared, only to reappear again a few minutes later—an event we now call a solar eclipse. Embarrassed, Harrison finally agreed to listen to Tenskwatawa, and the Indians were granted more freedom, albeit temporarily. Tenskwatawa is long gone, but one of his silver earrings has made its way to the Temple. Your quest is to find the Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa and bring it back here.”

“All right, thanks, Olmec,” says Kirk. “So tell us, where is the Earring?”

“The Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa can be found in the Snake Pit,” Olmec replies. The camera zooms in on a large, disc-shaped silver earring hanging off the stump at the back of the room before fading back to Kirk.

“All right,” Kirk responds. “Teams, you’re now standing on the Steps of Knowledge. In a moment, Olmec’s gonna ask you a question. If you think you know the answer, I want you to stomp down on the ancient marking in front of you. If you’re right, you’ll move down to the next level, but if you’re wrong or you run out of time, I’ll give the other teams a chance.” Kirk begins descending the Steps. “The first two teams to make it all the way to the bottom level will be one step closer to Olmec’s Temple. Olmec…we’re now ready for your first question.”

Olmec begins:
“Was Tenskwatawa known as: ‘The Soldier’, ‘The Prophet’, or ‘The Chosen One’?”
The Purple Parrots ring in. “The Prophet…?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Purple Parrots step to the second level.
“Step down, Purple Parrots,” Kirk instructs. “Next question.”

“Was Tenskwatawa’s real name: Hiawatha, Lalawitheka, or Pocahontas?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in and slowly begin to answer. “La…la-la…la-la-wick…with-aka…I mean, uh…Lala…”
“Don’t hurt yourself, kid—you’re close enough,” Olmec assures. The Blue Barracudas join the Purple Parrots on the second step.
“Ha, ha—okay, step down,” laughs Kirk. “They’re close enough for Mr. Olmec, and the Blue Barracudas step down…next question, please.”

“Which Indian warrior was Tenskwatawa’s brother: Squanto, Tecumseh, or Geronimo?”
The Green Monkeys ring in. “Te…Te-comb-see?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Green Monkeys become the third team to descend to the second step.
“Green Monkeys can step down now,” Kirk narrates. “At least it wasn’t as tough to pronounce as the last one, huh? Olmec, next question.”

“Did Tenskwatawa fight for: women’s rights, Native American rights, or animal rights?”
The Purple Parrots ring in. “Native American’s rights…?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Purple Parrots proceed to the penultimate step.
“Purple Parrots now just one step away from the Temple Games,” Kirk observes. “Still time for anything to happen, though—Olmec, continue.”

“The governor of the Indian Territory was one of Tenskwatawa’s primary opponents. Was his name: John Tyler, William Henry Harrison, or John Quincy Adams?”
The Orange Iguanas ring in first. “William…uh, William Henry Harrison…?
“That…is correct,” Olmec replies. The Orange Iguanas step down.
“The Orange Iguanas are on the board now,” Kirk exclaims. “Like I said, anything can happen—Olmec, next question, please.”

“What did Tenskwatawa predict would disappear: the Sun, the Moon, or—”
The Blue Barracudas ring in. “The Sun!”
“That is correct,” Olmec responds. The Blue Barracudas join the Purple Parrots on the next-to-last step.
“Blue Barracudas are just one step away now,” Kirk says. “We still need two teams…next question.”

“Is the disappearance of the sun from the sky known as: a total eclipse—”
The Orange Iguanas ring in early. “Um…an eclipse…?”
“You must be more specific,” says Olmec.
The Orange Iguanas say nothing else before a bell sounds, but the look on their faces is priceless.
“Incorrect,” explains Olmec. “The three choices are: a total eclipse, a solar eclipse, or a lunar eclipse?”
The Blue Barracudas ring in. “A solar eclipse…?”
“That is correct,” Olmec replies. The Blue Barracudas leap to the bottom step and high-five one another.
“And there’s our first team for the Temple Games!” Kirk exclaims. “We need one more team—is it gonna be the Green Monkeys, the Orange Iguanas, or the Purple Parrots? Next question.”

“During a solar eclipse, what usually blocks the sun’s light: the Earth, the Moon, or a meteor?”
The Purple Parrots ring in. “The Moon…?”
“That is correct!” Olmec booms, and the Purple Parrots join the Blue Barracudas on the bottom step.

“And we’ve got our two teams right here!” says Kirk as he rushes over and stands between them. “They are the Blue Barracudas, and the Purple Parrots! Green Monkeys and…uh, Orange Iguanas, you guys were great, too, but came up just a little short. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em for tryin’, and here’s what it is!” They receive How to Train Your Dragon on DVD.

Kirk is now seen standing between the two advancing teams. “These two teams will be playing for the right to enter Olmec’s Temple, and they’ll do just that right after this!”

The camera flies to the right of Kirk and zooms in on a clutch of silk cattails “growing” beside the Moat before the title appears onscreen, and we fade to a commercial.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:19:48 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:28:21 PM »
We return from the break and find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the two remaining teams.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” he says. “Now, the glory goes to the fastest and the strongest. Before that, though, let’s meet our two teams…”

Kirk first turns to the Blue Barracudas, who are made up of a tall brown-eyed girl with dark hair tied back into a ponytail and an equally tall boy with blue eyes and very short black hair.
“On the Blue Barracudas, we have Sharon. How old are you, Sharon?”
“Thirteen,” she replies.
“And it says here you like math and science, and you also like to play basketball—could you tell me a little about that?”
“Well, I started in elementary school, and…I’ve been on all my school teams ever since, and I really like it,” Sharon replies.
“What position do you play?” asks Kirk.
“Um…I’ve played a lot of positions, but I kind of like forward the best,” says Sharon.
“Okay, nice,” says Kirk as he turns to her male partner. “Over here is your partner, Shane. How old are you, Shane?”
“Thirteen,” he responds.
“And it says you like history and science in school, but you want to be a singer—why’s that?”
“Well, ‘cause I really like singing…I’ve been doin’ it all my life; in church and everything, and…I just think I want to do it for a living.”
“Sounds like we’ve got an ambitious Blue Barracudas team,” says Kirk. “How ‘bout a hand for them?” Shane and Sharon clap along as the audience applauds.

Kirk now turns to the Purple Parrots, who consist of a short blue-eyed girl with shoulder-length black wavy hair and a taller brown-eyed boy with short, stringy black hair.
“And on the Purple Parrots, we’ve got Collette. How old are you, Collette?”
“Thirteen,” she replies.
“And you said you like to swim, but you also collect something pretty unusual…what’s that?”
“Um…I collect teddy bears,” says Collette.
“Well, that’s not that unusual,” says Kirk. “How many do you have?”
“Uh, about…fifty-five, the last time I counted them,” she replies.
“That’s a big collection,” Kirk says before turning to Collette’s partner. “And how old are you, John?”
“Fourteen,” John replies.
“And you play football, but you’re also on the swim team—hey, two swimmers on the same team, how ‘bout that? How long have you been swimming?”
“Um…about two years,” John says. “I got into it because of my friends—they’re on the swim team, too, and…I liked it.”
“Looks like a strong team over here, too—let’s hear it for the Purple Parrots!” Collette and John applaud along with the audience.

“Okay, are you guys ready to play?” Kirk asks the two teams.

“Yeah!” they reply.

“All right—go and…get ready for the Temple Games,” Kirk instructs. “Now, in these Temple Games, our two teams are competing to win…” Kirk retrieves a Pendant of Life from the pouch near his belt and holds it up to the camera. “…Pendants of Life. The winning team will need these Pendants to protect themselves from those dreaded Temple Guards when they enter Olmec’s Temple. There are three Temple Games, and Olmec will tell us about Temple Game #1…”

The black lights under Olmec come on as he begins to explain the first Temple Game:
“When Tenskwatawa awoke from his coma, he told of a vision of paradise for the Indians that would only come when white settlers were gone from their lands. In this game, you’ll be removing some traces of settlers from traditional Native American grounds. When Kirk gives the signal, crawl out to the first cube and grab the first house, come back and place it in your bin. Then crawl out to the second cube. Along the way, you must avoid the swinging obstacles, which symbolize settlers encroaching on the Indian lands—if you’re hit, you must go back and start again. The first player to remove all four houses, or…the player who removes the most houses at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”

“Doing some home removal, I guess,” says Kirk. “Let’s get started—set the clock for sixty seconds, please!” The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Shane and John each run out and grab their first house without any trouble, and both are brought back without anyone getting hit. Both boys manage to grab their second house without getting hit as well, but Shane is a little bit faster than John, bringing his house back about three seconds before John does. Both boys get hit trying to reach the third house on their first go at it, but Shane manages to make it to the third cube and grab it with 26 seconds left. As John brings back his third house about seven seconds later, Shane is about halfway to the final cube, and only pausing to wait for the sandbags to swing by, grabs his fourth house with about sixteen seconds left. John makes a mad dash to try to make it to the final cube, but Shane manages to bring back his final house with six seconds left on the clock.

“Okay, that’s it!” Kirk says as he makes his way back onscreen. “That’s it—the Blue Barracudas made it back with all four of their houses first; so the Blue Barracudas win the half Pendant of Life!” He pauses to allow the audience to applaud for a few seconds. “Purple Parrots, don’t worry, because you can catch up in this next Game. It’s worth a half Pendant—Olmec, tell us about Temple Game #2…”

Olmec begins:
“When Governor Harrison asked for proof from Tenskwatawa that he was indeed a prophet, Tenskwatawa sent a messenger on a fast horse to deliver his message. In this game, you’ll see what that messenger may have felt like. When Kirk gives the signal, hold on tight, because the horse you’re on will begin to gallop. If you fall off, your opponent will receive a point. The player with the most points at the end of sixty seconds…wins.”
“Who’ll stay on the longest?” asks Kirk. “Let’s find out…set the clock for sixty seconds!” The clock slams down in the corner with a loud gong. “On your mark, get set, GO!”

Collette and Sharon each hold on to their sandbags as the spotters start to agitate them. No one falls off until a good twenty seconds into the game, when Collette falls off her sandbag and scores the Blue Barracudas a point. Soon after the sandbags start agitating again, Sharon falls off, tying up the game. Collette falls off with about fifteen seconds left, allowing the Blue Barracudas to pull ahead, but Sharon also falls off soon afterward, again tying up the score. This continues up until the end of the game, but just before Sharon is about to fall off for a fourth time, she manages to hang on enough to stay on the “horse” before time runs out.

“Okay, that’s it!” says Kirk, who appears back onscreen a few seconds later. “Come on down here—you guys were falling off left and right there at the end! But let’s get the official score here…” He glances over his shoulder at the scorecards. “The Blue Barracudas got four points, and…the Purple Parrots got three points! The Blue Barracudas get another half Pendant of Life!” The audience applauds for a few seconds here. “So now, the Blue Barracudas have one full Pendant, the Purple Parrots still don’t have any. But now, we go to the third and final Temple Game. It’s worth a full Pendant of Life—Olmec, tell us about it, please…”

Olmec begins to explain the final Game:
“Tenskwatawa and his brother Tecumseh were prominent fighters for Native American rights, often leading the charges in many battles against white people intruding on their land. Before you stands an army of soldiers muscling in on traditional Indian grounds. When Kirk gives the signal, load your slingshot and shoot a ball at one of the soldiers. Then your partner will load the slingshot. The first team to knock down all four soldiers, or…the team that knocks down the most soldiers at the end of sixty seconds wins!”

“This is for the Temple,” Kirk explains. “Set the clock for sixty seconds, please!” The clock slams down in the bottom left-hand corner, ready to go. “I’ll just get out of the way first, if you don’t care…ready, aim, FIRE!”

Both teams knock over one of their middle targets on their first shot, but they both fail to get one to fall on the second ball they launch. The Blue Barracudas knock over their left middle target with twenty seconds left, but the Purple Parrots miss yet again. They manage to catch up with fifteen seconds left, though, knocking down their right middle target. No one knocks over anything until the Purple Parrots knock over their leftmost target with seven seconds left. The Blue Barracudas manage to tie it up by knocking over their rightmost target with only two seconds remaining, and that’s as far as anyone gets before the game ends.

“Okay, that’s it!” Kirk says as he rushes back onscreen. “Stop your fire and come back down here—let’s see how we did. It looks like the Blue Barracudas got three targets knocked down, and…the Purple Parrots also knocked over three, so both teams get the full Pendant. That gives the Blue Barracudas two; the Purple Parrots have one—the Blue Barracudas are goin’ to the Temple!” Shane and Sharon high-ten one another as their opponents clap politely. “Purple Parrots, you guys did great, too—it was a close race all the way through. We’re not sending you guys home empty-head—handed. We’ve got a great gift for ‘em, and here’s what it is!” They receive a custom-made Legends of the Hidden Temple: Rebirth watch.

As the prize disappears off-screen, we see Kirk standing beside the winning team. “Now we’ll see if the Blue Barracudas can make it through Olmec’s Temple and retrieve the Mystical Earring of Tensta-towa; right after this!”

The camera pans in on the Dark Forest and zooms in on the middle golden door at the back of the room before the title appears onscreen, and we fade to a commercial.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:21:44 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
We return from the break to find Kirk standing in front of the Temple with the winning team.

“Welcome back to Legends: Rebirth,” he says. “The Blue Barracudas have proven themselves worthy, and now have earned the right to enter Olmec’s Temple. But first, Olmec will give them some information to help them to retrieve the Mystical Earring of Tenska-tow-a…”

Olmec begins to explain the Temple layout as the camera gives us a first-person walkthrough of the Temple:
“You could start…by running up the stairs to the Crypt! Grab the book from the skeletons, and pass into the Bottomless Pit! Swing across the gap, and climb into the Great Seal Room. Place the correct seal in the central holder, and a door may open into the Candelabra Room. Light the correct candelabra, and pass into the Room…of the Mystical Keys! Reach into the compartments to find the two correct keys, and open the door to the SHRIIIIINE of the Silver Monkey! Assemble the statue and you may be headed toward the Lightning Ball Room. Connect the power cords to create your own lightning, which will blast open the door to the Pharaoh’s Secret Passage. Slide down the tunnel to the Dungeon, where you could smash through the wall into the Dark Forest—but beware of the Temple Guards that may inhabit the trees! Find the key in the tree, and you’ll enter…the Snake Pit! Place the snakes in the hollow stump, and you’ll gain entry to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. Pull the vine to release the bones, and attach the missing skull to its proper king, then…race through the Pit, climb through the Ledges, rrrrrrace down the stairs and back through the Temple Gate. The choices are yours and yours alone!” Olmec pauses. “You won 2 Pendants in the Temple Games. Who’s going first?”

“I am,” says Sharon, raising her hand.

“Very well, Sharon,” Olmec replies. “When Kirk gives the signal, you’ll race through the Gate into the Temple and make your way toward the Mystical Earring. Hidden inside the Temple are Temple Guards assigned to protect three specific rooms. You can trade your Pendant for an extra life and go on, but…if you’re caught without a Pendant, you’ll be taken out of the Temple, and it’ll be Shane’s turn to enter and try HIIIIISSS luck. If you can reach the Earring, all the doors of the Temple will instantly unlock, and the Temple Guards will vanish. Return through the Gates with the Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa in three minutes, and you’ll both be handsomely rewarded…and here’s how!”

• Just for making it this far, they’ll get a Sony DVD player, along with Toy Story 3 on DVD.
• If they can grab the Earring within three minutes, they’ll also receive a bicycle from Mongoose.
• And if they can bring the Earring out of the Temple before three minutes expires, they’ll win a trip to Jamaica.

“Okay, sounds like a great prize—let’s see if they can win it all,” says Kirk. “Now, Shane, what kind of strategy is…do you guys have of how you’re gonna make it out with the Earring?”

“Uh…I think we’re just gonna take the high road, then come back down and…we’ll see how that—far that takes us,” Shane replies.

“Okay, taking the long way around—let’s see if that works,” says Kirk. “Everybody, get your mouthpiece in…as Olmec lowers the gate.” Olmec moans gutturally as the gate is lowered, and the black lights and torches under him go out.

“Set the clock for three minutes, please!” The clock slams down in the bottom right-hand corner, ready to go.

“On your mark,” Kirk says, “get set, GO!”

Sharon trots up the stairs, clutching her Pendant. She soon enters the Crypt, where she pulls all three books before opening the door to the Bottomless Pit—but she also opens the secret door at the back of the room, revealing the first TEMPLE GUARD (2:49). “Oh, Temple Guard, right off the bat!” Kirk laments. “She’s got a Pendant, so she keeps on going!” Sharon hands over her Pendant quickly and proceeds into the Pit, where she grabs the rope and swings across, taking a little time to adjust herself on the ledge on the opposite side. She hits the actuator for the Candelabra Room, but the door doesn’t open. She tries the one that leads to the Great Seal Room, but that door doesn’t open either (2:34). “Oh, looks like she’ll have to go down!” Kirk says. She does, sliding down off the ledge into the black-and-purple plastic balls covering the bottom of the room, where she hits the actuator to the door leading to the Tomb of the Headless Kings. The door opens, so she proceeds into the room (2:29). After looking around for a second, Sharon goes to the rope at the center of the room and pulls it, releasing all the bones into the room. She searches through them for a while before locating the skull, which she takes to the stage-left king and places it on top of the bare neck. The king’s torso begins pulsating with a bright red light, and the door up to the Candelabra Room flies open (2:12). “Whoa, she makes the heart beat—now she’s gotta go up!” Kirk narrates. Sharon follows Kirk’s instructions and begins to climb the ladder upward, emerging in the Candelabra Room a few seconds later (2:00). She heads to the back of the room, where she begins to press the actuators under the candelabras there. She tries all the candelabras on the right side, but the topmost candelabra on the left side proves to be the correct one, opening the doors to both the Room of the Mystical Keys and the Great Seal Room. Unfortunately, the door to the latter room also reveals the second TEMPLE GUARD hiding behind it (1:48).

“Whoa, Temple Guard’s got her!” Kirk narrates as Shane looks around for a second before taking off. “Yeah, go ahead—hurry!” Shane wastes little time heading to where Sharon is taken out. “He knows he’s got only a minute and change left; he’s gotta hurry!” Kirk narrates. Shane eventually makes it to the Candelabra Room, where he starts to head toward the ladder to the Great Seal Room. He sees the open door to the Room of the Mystical Keys, so he takes this route instead (1:00). He looks around for a moment before noticing the nine compartments at the back of the room, so he sticks his hand into the upper right-hand hole. He finds a key right off the bat, but it takes six more tries before he finds the second key. Shane brings both keys to the front of the room, where the three pedestals await him. He inserts the two keys in the middle and right-hand pedestal, but nothing happens (0:43). He tries two more combinations, including the middle-right combination again, before inserting the keys into the left and middle pedestal, opening the door to the Shrine of the Silver Monkey (0:30). “Was that—okay, that’s the right one!” Kirk narrates. “He’s in the Shrine now, but he’s gonna have to really hurry if he wants to make it!” Shane ventures into the Shrine, where he heads to the shelves at the back and grabs the base of the monkey, which he brings back to the pedestal and aligns (0:23). He goes back and grabs both the middle and head, which he brings back to the pedestal as well (0:17). The camera cuts to Sharon, who’s clapping and cheering in a slightly halfhearted way. When we cut back to Shane, he appears to be having some trouble aligning the middle part of the statue. “Turn it around—no, the other way!” Kirk shouts, confusing Shane. He turns it one way, then another (0:09). By sheer luck, he eventually gets it, and starts to jam the head on the statue, but time runs out before any doors open.

“No, he ran out of time!” Kirk laments. “He got tied up putting the monkey together—that’s a tough job for some people! But that’s alright—I know they had a good time, and they still get the DVD player just for playing; that’s good, right?” Sharon nods and smiles. “Good…well, we’ve gotta get out of here. We’ll see you next time, but remember—it’s not just Legends, it’s Legends: Rebirth! Buh-bye!”

Sharon and Kirk chat as the credits start to roll. The camera shows various parts of the set, including an old fallen log next to the Moat, a cluster of anthurium flowers “growing” next to the tiebreaker pedestal, and a close-up of a manacled skeleton’s hand in the Dungeon. Shane emerges from the Temple, and he, Kirk and Sharon continue talking as the credits finish, and the Stone Stanley logo appears on the screen.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:22:56 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Bandit King

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »

The Mystical Earring of Tenskwatawa
Season 2, Layout 1
Artifact Location
: The Snake Pit
Team: Blue Barracudas (Shane McCall & Sharon Strickland)
Pendants: 2
Result: Ran out of time

This episode just screamed “filler” from the moment it started. The Moat Crossing was pretty ho-hum, but at least the Steps of Knowledge were pretty entertaining. After the Blue Barracudas beat the Purple Parrots 2-1 in the Temple Games, though, I really expected them to do better than they actually performed in the Temple Run itself.

Sharon wasn’t the best contestant in the world, but she was decent. Her only hang-up came in the Tomb of the Headless Kings, where she had a little trouble finding the skull. She was taken out in the Candelabra Room with just over a minute and a half left.

With as good a performance as he had in the Temple Games, Shane sure didn’t show it in the Temple Run. It took him a full forty seconds to make it to where Sharon was taken out, and he got confused in the Room of the Mystical Keys as to which pedestal combinations he had already tried. Time ran out in the Shrine of the Silver Monkey, where he got confused putting the statue together.

There’s not much to say about this episode—it’s “filler” to the core. The only real thing of interest here was a team that performed well in the Temple Games, and then unfortunately didn’t do so hot in the Temple Run. That, and Kirk’s constant mispronunciation of “Tenskwatawa”…

Rating: 5 out of 10

Notes and Trivia: At 28 seconds, Shane’s assembly of the Silver Monkey is the second-slowest on Rebirth so far.

Is it me, or did this episode feature some of the most troublesome pronunciations of any so far? And how funny was the exchange between Olmec and Shane at the Steps of Knowledge?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:33:02 PM by The Bandit King »

It's baaaaaaaack...

You do the math.

--"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »
Quote from: ""The Bandit King""
And how funny was the exchange between Olmec and Shane at the Steps of Knowledge?

It was hilarious, sir. :P So good job with the mostly-filler ep, man.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!