Author Topic: Temple runs that should've been reverse order of players  (Read 717 times)

Offline Purple Parrots Fan

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Temple runs that should've been reverse order of players
« on: March 02, 2014, 02:58:52 AM »
There are a number of runs where it should've been opposite order of players, where the second runner went first, and vice versa. Here's my list of those aid teams, and my reasoning behind it:

Jackie and Shane from Oracle Bowl: Granted, Jackie was a lost cause to begin with. But this run would've turned out a little bit better if Jackie went in first, and got taken out in the Swamp instead. I'm willing to bet she would've left Shane with about 1:20 or so left on the clock. Then Shane could've gone in there and at least grabbed the bowl at the last second. Of course, they still would've lost either way thanks to Jackie.

Retina and Tim from Gordian Knot: Pretty much the same as Oracle Bowl, only less cluelessness on Retina's part. Retina probably would've left Tim with about 1:40 or so left on the clock, and Tim could've gone in there and grabbed the Gordian Knot. Maybe even speed out with it too.

Katie and Jared from Mystical Spellbook: Okay, I'll give them that this layout was hard, but Jared had no business in the Dark Forest whatsoever. Katie should've gone in first, at least she would've blazed through the temple and left Jared with about 1:20 on the clock. She wouldn't have dilly dallied around in the Dark Forest and look around for nothing. :roll:

Dawn and Ryan from Gwalior: Ryan was the fast one of the two, Dawn moved a little too slow for me. If the order of players had been reversed, they probably would've reached the necklace. And maybe have a close finish too?

I hope this is a good thread idea. Sorry in advance if there's already a topic on this. ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:01:04 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
Re: Temple runs that should've been reverse order of players
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:10:19 AM »
Dawn and Ryan were from the Pearl Necklace episode, PPF. ;)

Good idea for a topic. I agree with the ones you listed above. Retina and Tim would've definitely won if it was the reverse order of players. Retina was just slow, but she would've fared better as the frontrunner. Tim was fast and definitely should've gone in second. They were the only team I can see on your list that would win.

Here are more:

Jim and Kristen, Polynesian Girl: Kristen was not a bad player, she was just kind of slow. If she went in first, she would've been taken out rather quickly and Jim the Mechanic would give us the first bottom of the central shaft win ever.

Kerry and Josh, Cracked Crown: Normally, I would not even send Kerry in the temple because she was so slow. But since this run had a temple guard layout where they would've been taken out early, I would highly suggest this strategy. Josh was definitely fast and they would've reached the Cracked Crown for sure if they reversed orders.

Tara and Danny, Sir Edmund Hillary: I think you mentioned this before, but I think the Silver Snakes would've won if Tara would've went in first. Tara would've started in the Cave of Sighs and clear a path all the way to the Shrine. Danny, who was also fast, would race in and grab the Medal with a little more time AND use the Troubled Bridge. And this team would've won.

Fred and Ron, Anne Bonny: This one should be obvious why. Ron was slow and a lost cause. The layout was easy and Ron would've been taken out early too. And Fred should have scored a win with a lot of time.

John and Tia, Golden Cricket Cage: This one might sound a little silly, but I think this run might've been slightly better if John went in second. Only because he was the one that covered all the rooms in their run. I know they would still suck and not come close, but it would be better than watching these two running through 4 rooms.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:13:55 AM by The Red Jaguars »

Offline PurpleParrot4Life

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:48:16 AM »
What do you think about Kelli and Mike from Thornwood Gavel? If Kelli went in first, she would have had a long stay in the temple before removal in the Secret Password (regardless of which path she took from the Pit of the Pendulum). However, Mike was a pretty fast and strong contestant and more than likely would not have spent extra time completed uncleared rooms en route to the Secret Password.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
I don't know if they would've had more success if Kelli went into the temple first. She was one of those contestants where it would've been detrimental to send them into the temple, period. The path was pretty long in Thornwood Gavel, so it would probably take her a long time to get removed. However, if she took the top route as a frontrunner, then they might've saved some time and Mike should've had enough time to reach the artifact. Its kind of hard to say if they would even reach the artifact though because it depends on how much time Kelli left Mike.

That reminds me of Kim from "Charles Lindbergh". Even if she went to the temple first, the team still would've lost because she was too stupid for her own good. She would've wasted so much time before being removed from the temple.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
I am so sorry for that error. Now I'm catching these Fogg Ups. :oops: Fixed above. :oops:

I honestly agree with PP4L about Kelli. She definitely should've gone in first. She probably would've left Mike at least 1:20 on the clock, the same amount Mike left her. Even without all the shortcuts, I would go as far as saying Mike would've WON for the team. And here's another one I can't believe I forgot to mention. Scott and Kristen from Lucky Pig. This temple run probably would've been an amazing win if Scott went into the temple first, AND used the Cave of Sighs entrance. He wouldn't have walked through every room like Kristen did. Or better yet, Scott gets another partner (like the Purple Parrot girl from that episode), and she wins it for Scott in that same manner.

And Cricket Cage TRJ? ;) That is a team that just didn't belong on the show. Why shamelessly plug them in again?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:06:36 PM by Purple Parrots Fan »

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
Yeah, the Amelia Earhart run would've been much more successful if Scott went into the temple first. Even if the layout was long, the temple rooms were easy and there was a solo chance too. Kristen made it one room away from the Lucky Pig while trotting along and getting lost in near every room. Scott should've won this one, easily.

Here are some more:

Kim and Billy, Lost Hammer: Kim took stupidity to a new level and didn't belong in the temple. Billy, on the other hand, made it far in the temple despite having little time to himself. If he started in the Gargoyle Room and stayed on the bottom floor, they would've had a solo chance and we would not have to see Kim. :roll:

Rachelle and Taylor, Attila the Hun: Same reasoning behind Amelia Earhart. Rachelle was way too slow to be in first in the temple. The only detrimental part would be Taylor getting taken out somewhere else inside the temple.

Nicholas and Jennifer, Madame Tussaud: Jennifer actually used her time well as a second runner, despite the popular opinion about her being on Dana and Lauren's level. She might've actually went up to the King's Storeroom and scored a solo victory. Either that, or she would've been taken out with much more time than Nicholas.

Aqila and Chris, Golden Pepperoni: Aqila should've started in the Crypt and get removed in the Laser Light Room. And then Chris would grab the Golden Pepperoni and might've won depending on how fast he was.

Danielle and Justin, Iron Mask: I don't think Justin would've detour into Medusa's Lair like Danielle. And since this layout was very similar to Ahmed Baba, there should be no reason why he couldn't win while moving at a pace similar to Shane. Plus, Justin actually used a shortcut too.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 03:32:01 PM »
Golden Pepperoni.... another one I forgot too. :azn: And yeah, I agree, Aqila definitely should've gone in first. She would've only lasted three rooms, and Chris would've sped through the whole temple and maybe would've won. He wouldn't have gone past the pepperoni. ;) I agree about Lost Hammer too, though if Billy had avoided the Heart Room, he would've avoided that "mercy killing" temple guard easily. But what about the last temple guard? It could've very well have been in the Shrine, you know, one room away from the artifact. And then we would have no choice BUT to see Kim in the temple, minus knocking on the doors. :roll:

And how about Michelle and Peter from Electrified Key? If Michelle had gone in first, she probably would've avoided Medusa's Lair, and NOT have beelined for a direct path constantly. That temple run could've been an easy win had it not been for those detours. Besides, I always liked Michelle better as a player than Peter.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
I am pretty sure the last guard in Lost Hammer was in the Cave of Sighs. You can see him during the credits for that temple run. So if Billy started in the Gargoyle Room and stayed low, then they would've had a solo win. Even if Billy wasted time in the Spider's Lair, the layout was not hard at all. Although this one is kind of pushing it because the players don't know where the guards are.

And I definitely agree about Benjamin Franklin. Honestly, this was the easiest bottom of the central shaft run on the show. Even easier than Polynesian Girl and Empress Eugenie. Michelle would not have made the same mistake as Peter by entering into Medusa's Lair since she avoided it altogether. And then they would've had a solo victory. As long as she didn't actually run into the Crypt as a frontrunner. :lol:

And one more I want to mention is Dolley Madison. Both of these players were fast, but Matt would've done better as a second runner. Assuming Ashlie starts in the Ledges and removed from the Shrine like Matt was. She was fast too, so she would've left him with a lot of time on the clock. And Matt would not stall in the Dark Forest either.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 03:47:53 PM »
I don't know, I'm not convinced that that was a temple guard in the Cave of Sighs. Unless it was different guy playing temple guard that day.

I agree with the above too. And how about Ryann and Chris from Harriet Tubman? Ryann could've started in the Crypt with no penalty, get taken out in three rooms, and then Chris can speed through the rest of the temple. As long as he found the half pendant somewhere in the temple too. Which could've very well have been in the Swamp, but we just never saw it. If Ryann had gone in first, we wouldn't have had such a quick triple capture.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 05:00:35 PM »
Yeah, the team would've been more successful if Ryann went into the temple first. She would've been taken out three rooms in and Chris would have a shot to make it far into the temple. The only downside is that we do not know where the half-pendant was. Perhaps it was in the Swamp like Nzinga and Lost Lion Tail?

I am surprised there was no mention of Joan of Arc since it was very similar to Gordian Knot. Mandy made the exact same mistake as Retina from Gordian Knot. Had she started in the Room of three Gargorles, she would've been removed in the Room of Harmonic Convergence with a lot of time for Fast Eddie to reach the Helmet at least. And maybe even win too if he took shortcuts.

Also, Lost Logbooks should've been the reverse order of players too. Jessica was too slow and clueless to be a second runner. Even if they didn't find the half-pendant, Robert would've left a lot of more time on the clock than his partner.

Lastly, the Enormous Feather team should've been the reverse order of players too. Although Karisa was really slow and clueless, so she might've not left David enough time to win. But the bottom floor of the Season 3 temple was kind of easy. She should've been removed with 1:30 left, and David's time probably would've ended in the Pit.

And even though they were temple winners, Jeremy and Erika honestly should've switched their order in the temple. Jeremy was way too slow and clueless to be a second runner. They only won because the layout was super easy.  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »
Knowing Karisa, she probably would've left David with about 1:20 on the clock, if not less. Even if Karisa had gone in first, the team still probably would've lost. I also agree about Joan and Arc of Magellan too. Mandy was too slow and didn't take any shortcuts in Joan of Arc. Eddie was faster, he definitely should've gone in second. He probably would've won it for the team too. Same with Robert from Magellan, minus the winning part if they still didn't find the half pendant. But at least he would've made better time in the temple than Jessica, had he gone in second instead.

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2014, 12:17:33 AM »
It pretty much felt like all of the Season 1 temple runs should've had the reverse order of players. Runs like Galileo and Lawrence of Arabia are the only runs that got it right by sending the average player first. There are a bunch of other runs from that Season that should've been a reverse order. Here are a couple of more that should be mentioned:

Chris and Tracy, Atahualpa: Tracy wouldn't have detoured into the Heart Room like her partner did. And she moved at a good pace too, so she should've been able to grab the artifact and win it. Especially since the layout was not too hard either.

Benjamin and Renee, Queen Nzinga: While Ben wasn't that fast moving, he probably would've found the half-pendant and avoided the humiliating triple capture. And that layout was so easy, so they should've won with a lenient layout.

James and Christina, Nathan Hale: Another obvious one. James was smart enough to find his half-pendant during this run. Plus, he also moved much faster than Christina. They would've won if he went in second.

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2014, 02:31:39 AM »
Here's a REALLY crucial one that hasn't been mentioned yet: James and Sabrina from Blackbeard. Come on, James would've done 10 times better than Sabrina did. I know their layout wasn't exactly the easiest, but at least James wouldn't have wandered around 5 rooms aimlessly. :roll: And yeah, Season 1 featured A LOT of teams where the wrong players went into the temple first. It just seemed like almost every temple run would've turned out better if the second runner had gone in first and vice versa. Also, have Tracy and Robert from Snake Bracelet been mentioned yet? Either way, that's another good example too. Tracy was clearly the slower of the two, and Robert was a speed demon. Had Robert gone in second instead, we could've had a "Benzibab" esque team victory on our hands. :o And how about Chris and Colleen from Pecos Bill? Yes both players already made too many mistakes as it is. But if Chris had detoured into the Heart Room like Colleen did, and get removed in the Treasure Room, then we would've had a victory on our hands for sure. Colleen probably wouldn't have taken her sweet ass time getting out, right?

Offline The Red Jaguars

• Fogg-up God
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 12:10:20 PM »
Yeah, Lost Lariat should've been a victory if there was a reverse order of players. The only problem that might happen is that Chris goes to the Observatory from the Treasure Room and only encounters one guard. With three whole minutes to himself, he should've won it solo. We will never now though because he sucked with 2:30 to himself. But if Colleen did go n as a second runner, it would've been an easy victory.

Blackbeard goes without saying either. There is no way I can see James traversing through five rooms like his clueless partner. I think the Wheel Room should've opened for this team, but Sabrina was too stupid to push a simple actuator.  :roll: This run was not like Belshazzar with actually a legit dead end.

And I think that Snake Bracelet should've beaten Benzibab's record, easily. Robert was taken out with 2:20 and two rooms away from the artifact. Tracy wasted way too much time following up his path and took forever to assemble the Silver Monkey. Plus, she just moved painfully slow. This is one of those teams that would not have won if they had a harder layout.

Also, I think the Stone Head run should've had reverse order of players. Tony would've been taken out in Medusa's Lair and Heather most likely wouldn't have wasted a minute in there. Plus, she would've handled the other rooms just fine. They probably could've made it one room away if they switched their order.