Author Topic: No LotHT tournament of winners edition?  (Read 370 times)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
No LotHT tournament of winners edition?
« on: June 01, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
From my knowledge, this show didn't have something like this. I think it would be cool if this show had a tournament of winners edition. Here's how it would go:

The show had 32 temple winners (getting the item and bringing it out of the temple in time). Include 4 more teams to have 36 teams competing in this. These four teams would be the teams that got the item in time, but didn't bring it out in time. The LotHT staff would have to determine which teams are worthy (in my eyes, Colleen and Chris from Peco Bill's Lost Lariat, Katherine and Ron from The Treasure of Anne Bonny, April and Jason from The Broken Wing of Icarus, and Lissy and Nate from The Royal Torque of Queen Boadicea are the most worthy). Have six episodes featuring 6 teams in each episode (6 x 6 = 36 teams overall). The winning team from each episode will advance to the final episode where they will compete against each other like in any normal LotHT episode. The last team standing will earn them one last trip into the temple with these prizes at stake: guaranteed prize for getting into the temple would be a brand new computer, the prize for getting the item would be a trip to any location the team desires (this trip has to be something that has appeared in other episodes), and the grand prize for bringing the item out would be some kind of money prize (maybe $10,000 or $25,000, or maybe even $50,000). This would be for the final episode. The prizes for the first 6 episodes are as follows in the order mentioned above: the latest gaming console, $5,000, and a trip to Washington DC to visit the White House and meet the President. Note that if a team ends up winning that trip, then they can't choose it if they make it into the temple in the final episode. The format for these episodes would be the same as any ordinary LotHT episode.

Man, I said "episode" a lot. Episode, episode, episode! LOL!!  =P

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)
Proud fan of the Purple Parrots.
Soh u herd i liek teh purpul parets? U herd rite!
Favorite team: Purple Parrots
Favorite episode: The Mussel-Shell Armor of Apanuugpak
Favorite player: Gator from the same episode
Favorite room: A tie between the Dark Forest and the Jesters' Court

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
Re: No LotHT tournament of winners edition?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 08:29:34 PM »
Sounds like a cool idea. And to add to that, I think that it should also utilize a special tournament-only Temple Layout, with four rooms from the first season, four from the second season, and four from the third season, so something like this:

Season 1 rooms: Room of the Three Gargoyles, Room of the Three Torches, Tomb of Ancient Kings, Holes of Python

Season 2 rooms: Ledges, Observatory (with S2 objective), King's Storeroom (in S2 position), Laser Light Room

Season 3 rooms: Pharaoh's Secret Passage, Quicksand Bog, Chamber of the Sacred Markers, Pit of the Pendulum

And to tie all three seasons together, the layout would (of course) also feature The Shriiiiiiiiine of the Silver Monkey.

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

If Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber have been ruining the music industry since 2008, please copy and paste this into your signature for everyone to see.

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 08:39:25 PM »
Sounds like a good layout idea. And for The Room of the Three Torches, if entering from The Shrine, there is a good reason to put the torch in a hole. The right hole will open the door to The Pharaoh's Secret Passage. Bringing back The Holes of Python, I like it. Adds an extra challenge.

All credit goes to The Viper/repiV ehT for making me this banner. Thank you so much! =)

Offline PurpleParrot319

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
You know, now that I got my dream run posted, maybe I should replace one of the wild card acts and put my team in there, making it 33 winning teams and 3 wild cards. Maybe I should post another write-up soon with this edition.