Author Topic: Pokémon Topic  (Read 19017 times)

Offline The Ancient Warrior

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
  • Peace, joy and omelettes!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/ancientwarrior07/index.htm
Re: Pokemon Topic
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2012, 11:01:26 PM »
Does anyone have any strategies for beating the Pokemon League in HG/SS? I'm using Heracross, Skarmory, Mismagius, and Octillery. Heracross and Skamory end up dead during the battle with Will, and Octillery sometimes makes it past Koga. Mismagius and Octillery (if he survived) and up dead on Bruno's Hitmonchan.
This is a rematch, right? In that case, I'd probably suggest training a Houndoom or Honchkrow to take on Will, and then saving Skarmory for Koga and Heracross for Karen.

What were the other two Pokémon in your party?
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Favorite episode: The Levitating Dog Leash of Nostradamus
Favorite season: Season 2, very closely followed by Season 3
Favorite team: Blue Barracudas

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
    • http://freewebs.com/thelightningroom
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 12:35:34 AM »
The Eevee I got on the GTS was apparently hacked. Now, I can't even get back on the GTS... :(
I thought it was fishy.
Favourite Team: Red Jaguars
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain
Favourite Season: Season 3

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 01:21:58 PM »
Just for the sake of memory, I'm posting my teams here.

Gen 2:
Meganium
Slowbro
Magmar
Fearow
Ampharos
Donphan

Gen 3:
Sceptile
Flygon
Walrein
Ninetales
Raichu
Dodrio

Gen 4:
Infernape
Floatzel
Luxray
Mismagius/Froslass
Roserade/Leafeon
Staraptor

Gen 5:
Emboar
Simisage
Seismitoad
Sigilyph
Crustle
Zebstrika

Man, I haven't played any Pokemon game in weeks. I can't even remember some of the Pokemon.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 02:51:28 PM by Red Jaguars Fan »
Favourite Episode: The Jewel-Encrusted Egg of Catherine the Great, tied with the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak and the Lost Hornpipe of the Pirate Captain

When artists like LMFAO, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Carly Rae Jespen and Justin Bieber and songs like "Party Rock Anthem", "Call Me Maybe", "Thrift Shop" and others are succeeding in today's music industry and about 99% of the world is buying their shit and any argument you make is followed by nonsense from these people, you would wish the world had ended on 21st December 2012.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:25 PM »
I really hate the concept of experience groups. Pokemon you really love will fall behind because they need more experience to level up than others.

Case in point:
Gyarados (Oy, training Magikarp... :roll: )
Gardevoir/Gallade
Aggron
Starmie (Of all things, Nintendo, you have to put Starmie in the Slow Group)
Houndoom
Arcanine
Every pseudo-legendary
Almost all legendaries (Event ones except Gen 5 one are lucky)

And then there's the Fluctuating Group.

Examples:
Hariyama
Breloom
Drifblim

If anyone wants details of the groups, go to the link below.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Experience

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 04:07:16 PM »
The way I play, experience groups never really affect me that much.  I just rotate Pokémon when one of mine levels up, so that none of them really do fall behind.

...But actually looking up those experience groups, now I see why I felt like I was underleveled in Gold and Silver.  Umbreon and Alakazam are the only Pokémon on my Silver that aren't in the Slow group (yes, I actually rotated Typhlosion out to make room for Houndoom), although I may replace Skarmory with Scizor once Dragonair evolves and I can replace its Waterfall with Fly.

My Gold team levels up quite a bit faster in comparison: three Medium Slows (Meganium, Poliwrath and Nidoqueen), two Medium Fasts (Jynx and Steelix) and only Dragonite as a Slow.  I'm at the same point in both games, but just about everyone is 1½ levels higher in Gold. :lol:

But really, that's just something I never really stop to think about.  It really only comes up when I'm rotating a new Pokémon into the roster and it needs to level up a lot to evolve, as with Tynamo or Larvesta in White.  Other than that, I don't really take it into account and just level-grind as I normally would.
If you have seen all 120 full episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your profile for all to see.

The Room of the Ancient Warriors | Legends: The Rediscovery (Season 3 resumption date TBD)

Credit to Nicklegends for the screencap in the avatar and for Mr. Blue.  Thanks dude!

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
Does anyone have any strategies for beating the Pokemon League in HG/SS? I'm using Heracross, Skarmory, Mismagius, and Octillery. Heracross and Skamory end up dead during the battle with Will, and Octillery sometimes makes it past Koga. Mismagius and Octillery (if he survived) and up dead on Bruno's Hitmonchan.
This is a rematch, right? In that case, I'd probably suggest training a Houndoom or Honchkrow to take on Will, and then saving Skarmory for Koga and Heracross for Karen.

What were the other two Pokémon in your party?
I'm in the first round. I can beat Will using my Skarmory, Octillery, and Heracross, because I depend on Mismagius way too much. I don't have 2 other pokemon on my team. The last 2 are HM slaves.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Favorite episode: John Sutter and the Map to the Lost Gold Mine
Favorite Season: Season 2
Favorite team: The Bluuuuuuue Barracudas!

• Temple Spirit
  • Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2012, 05:27:38 AM »
Oh, crap...  Yeah, I planned around that from the start on Gold and Silver. :lol: Most of my team's HM's were evenly distributed, or if I had an HM slave, I'd keep it in the PC and train something else as part of the main party.  The first thing I'd do is probably go to a move deleter and have those HM slaves turned into real fighters, while leaving different Pokémon in the PC to act as HM slaves instead.

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 07:23:09 PM »
I am so close to beating it! But I still fail on Lance's Aerodactyl.
:mrpink:  :mrred:  :mrorange:  :mryellow:  :mrgreen:  :mrteal:  :mrblue:  :mrpurple:

Offline The Viper

• Kirk Level
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
And today I ordered Ruby and Emerald on Amazon.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2012, 11:15:41 PM »
BW2 Release date updates!

The Japanese release date is June 23, and the US release will be in October: http://www.play-asia.com/paOScore/19-71-8s-49-en-15-Pokemon-43-8s-18-2.html

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline The Silver Monkey

• Temple God
  • Olmec
  • It's three pieces, it shouldn't be this hard!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »
HUGE BW2 UPDATE!

Some scans of next month's CoroCoro have surfaced, revealing some new characters, cities, and other things. Here are some of the notable items:

• The player character lives in a city. Not a town, a city. Complete with a Pokemon Center, a Trainer's School, etc.
  • There will be a Poison-type gym for the first time since Kanto.
  • The game takes place two years after the events of Black and White.
  • The order of the Unova Pokedex has changed, even including Pokemon from the first four generations (Lapras, Larvitar line, Beldum line, Riolu line, just to name a few).

Source: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_issue_of_CoroCoro_magazine_leaked

If you have seen all 120 episodes of Legends, copy and paste this into your signature for all to see.

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2012, 03:37:37 AM »
*faints*

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2012, 04:05:14 AM »
Wait.........

Does this mean the end of Pokemon? :(

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2012, 04:11:00 AM »
No, let's be positive.

This is gonna be epic!!!!!!

Offline Red Jaguars Fan

• Recognized Legends God
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2012, 04:12:15 AM »
So does that mean Gen 6 is coming in this game?