Author Topic: My so called "5 year mission"  (Read 521 times)

Offline GreenMonkeys#1

• Mayan God
    • View Profile
    • Alt-18 blog
My so called "5 year mission"
« on: August 25, 2013, 09:48:41 AM »
Some of you know that I'm into horse racing (I don't bet yet though because I'm not 18). But what I'm going to do is answer an age old question in horse racing.

Does Post Position matter?

My answer before I do this research is Yes & No. Most people think that having the inside post position (1, 2, 3, 4) will win more often than outside posts (9, 10, 11, 12...). The case of that isn't always true. Animal Kingdom & Orb won their Kentucky Derby's in post 16, I'll Have Another won it in post 19, and Big Brown won it from the farthest outside post, 20!

Now this is the part where the five years come in. What I'll be doing is researching results from my nearby track Canterbury Park from all the way back to 2012 and eventually the upcoming 2014, 2015, & 2016 racing seasons. I will only do one race per day (this helps the space and doing multiple may cut into my time). How will I find out that Post Positions's matter? It depends on how the horses finish (after if needed inquiry obviously). 4 pts if the horses number finished 1st, 3 pts for 2nd, 2 pts for 3rd, 1 pt for 4th, anything below 4th=0. If Dead Heat occurs, then both horses get the same number of pts then the next category is skipped (example: 1 & 5 tied for 1st, both get 4 pts, no one gets 3 pts. Whoever finished after them gets 2). I also colored bars to make it easier to determine for research (I used the simple Saddle Cloth numbers & color). So this will be the key.

So what do you think?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 07:08:06 AM by GreenMonkeys#1 »

Favorites
Team:  Green Monkeys :mrgreen:
Episode: Lawrence of Arabia's Headdress
Room: Either The Shrine of the Silver Monkey, The Laser Light Room, or the Jester's Court
Season: 2
Contestant: Gator from the Mussel Shell Armor of Apanuugpak

Seen all 120 episodes of Legends   :)
Yo Dawg, I heard how much you like the Green Monkeys.   :P  :mrgreen:
Perfect Polly=World's "Smartest" Invention :lol:
I <3 Shaka Zulu! :kiss: Drat That Zulu Drought!!!!! :P  :mrred:

Teams ranked
1. Green Monkeys 280 pts
2. Red Jaguars 270 pts
3. Silver Snakes 269 pts
4. Blue Barracudas 252 pts
5. Orange Iguanas 250 pts